• Responsible for material flow and inventory control.
• Train and certify personnel in lift truck operation.
• Support cycle count activities.
• Support material personnel in continuous improvement activities.
• Communicate issues affecting material flow to Materials Management.
• Promote team oriented problem-solving activities.
• Follow ISO14001 and QS9000/TS16949 procedures/processes.
• Participates in plant recycling programs.
• It is the responsibility of the Materials Supervisor to take appropriate action and to effectively communicate where necessary and observations which may impact Client's ability to manufacture a quality product and to achieve an on time delivery. Individual actions which should be taken into account are as follows:
o Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance's related to product, process and quality systems.
o Identify and record any problems related to the product, process and quality system.
o Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
o Verify implementation of solutions.
o Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
• Be knowledgeable of the plant safety rules and ensure all employees perform their duties in compliance with the rules and regulations.
• Perform daily walk-throughs of their area to detect hazards and to ensure good housekeeping is maintained.
• Respond to safety concerns and ensure hazards are corrected as soon as possible.
• Perform accident investigations to identify the root cause in the required time frame and track corrective actions to completion.
• Ensure that all accident reporting procedures are followed and Health and Safety contacts are notified.
• Encourage and actively support employee involvement in the health and safety program.
• Supervise and support Material Handlers
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• 4 Year College Degree from accredited school or equivalent experience.
• Computer experience in Microsoft Office with a intermediate to advance level in excel spreadsheets