Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
An ideal candidate would have technical knowledge & track record of getting down on the floor and troubleshooting problems, as well as a strong leadership and management experience.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Manger is responsible for establishing and maintaining a proactive maintenance and tooling organization with systems, tasks and documentation to ensure the goals of the business model, productive capacity and equipment availability are met.
Responsibilities include assessing and changing old methods and processes of maintenance to improve results, driving the failure reporting, and root cause corrective actions system, and ensuring all assets life cycle costs are maintained like new at the lowest cost point.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
• Performs management of the maintenance department employees to ensure the organization functions to develop effective equipment tasks are developed, and those tasks are properly executed.
• Examines equipment, processes, operations, to determine efficiency or quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
• Evaluates vendor and supplier proposals for new equipment purchases.
• Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities such as downtime and change analysis and procedure development.
• Ensures conformance of all development plans, maps, and specifications for local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
• Identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
• Evaluates internal controls and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Assigns work activities and projects; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
• Oversees and participates in a broad range of design activities on projects including automated equipment, storm drainage facilities, lighting, landscaping, water production and distribution facilities, and buildings. Prepares plans, specifications, project budget and cost estimates.
• Interprets the application of design criteria; checks plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of Reliability.
• Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards such as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), and NEC (National Electric Code), and NFPA (National Fire Protection Act).
• Knowledge of PM, PDM and Precision Maintenance, wrench time and other lean maintenance practices.
• Knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical systems in order to understand system interactions, sizing and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of MRO, and Spare Parts Organization
• Knowledge of MP2 and/or other CMMS software.
• Knowledge of Project Management
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access as required.
• Knowledge of 5s and other Visual Maintenance practices.
• Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of group dynamics and/or team development.
Considerable experience in design, engineering and project or program management.
Must be willing to work extended periods of time or varying shift hours when needed.
• Physical Ability to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Physical Ability to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements.
• Physical Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight.
• Physical Ability to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
Bachelor's degree in engineering (or equivalent knowledge acquired at work) and 5+ years relevant experience.
Apply by creating/using an account