|Reference # : ||17-00025
||Title : ||Sr Analyst, IT Cyber Security |
Oak Brook, IL
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/14/2017
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Sr. Analyst, IT Cyber Security. This person will be responsible for IT security for either enterprise or connected products domains. |
- Responsible for security plan, industry best practices, prevention, and incident detection, triage, and response.
- Design security use cases based on business requirements and log availability and lead security tool administration and configuration.
- Work closely with enterprise and connected products IT and Engineering teams to achieve security objectives and goals.
- Intel analyst responsible for daily researching new threats, attacks, and risks to client's infrastructure and software.
- Identify, collect and organize credible, new intelligence and subject matter relative to current and emerging threats using all the tools, applications and open source information.
- Keeps current with security industry best practices and applies to client based on IT strategy and roadmap to prevent incidents.
- Security lead linking business requirements to use case design and log inventory.
- Designs, leads, and project manages the development and configuration of security tools and automation based on use cases.
- Acts as the primary triage analyst who works with SIOC (Security intelligence and Ops Center) to detect, analyze, escalate, and remediate security events and incidents.
- Participate in or lead the creation or update of detailed operational processes and procedures related to Security Incident Management.
- Training IT and Engineering staff on information security best practices, processes, tools, and procedures.
- Communicate and promote awareness of applicable regulatory standards, upstream risks and industry best practices across the enterprise.
- Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations. This includes providing requested compliance reporting.
- Learn and utilize and various security, project and service management tools including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Malware, Vulnerability management, MSFT Project, Atlassian Suite (Confluence, JIRA) and Axios Assist.
- Protect client's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Strong personal interest in Security and Controls
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, end points, networks, databases and systems in relation to IT Security and IT Risk
- Experience with SIEM tools (Splunk or QRadar) and log management and administration based on use cases and rules.
- Experience as Tier 2 and cyber threat intelligence role. Understands Tier 1 Security Operations Center monitoring using SIEM tools and ticket based escalation to Tier 2.
- IOT security stack awareness regarding IOS app, Android app, OS level, firmware, and network security.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills in order to meet deadlines, complete tasks and respond to customer and or partner needs
- Ability to work independently, take follow-up on project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience in continuous improvements and agile methodology
- Prior experience working within an loT services organization preferred
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment
- Strong Communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related area
- Demonstrated progression toward security certifications
- 3- 5 years of related and progressive IT and Security experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time