|Reference # : ||17-00806
||Title : ||Senior Power Programmer|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/25/2017
| Description |
Position Title: Senior Power Programmer
: Hartford, CT, United States
Basic Job Function – This position exists to perform research, design, and software development assignments within Policy Administration System (Client). In this role, the individual will be responsible for working closely with Business Analysts, Database Administrators, and QA teams. Working as a part of the highly collaborative team, SA's duties will include design, analysis, and programming of Client system to maintain and upgrade existing code base within aggressive timelines.
- 10+ years of experience in software development (preferably P&C insurance) using VB6 and VB.Net
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Object oriented programming, VB.net, VB6, SQL, XML, ASP.Net, HTML, XSLT/XSD
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues within stringent timelines.
- Must have handled the offshore team and efficient in resolving their issues on a timely manner.
- Experience in code review and provide suggestions to improve code quality.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with Client as well as the technical team.
- Candidates with past P&C experience.
- AINS Insurance domain certification.
- .Web application development experience.
- Experience worked in product company is must
- Ability to work with multi-location teams, coordination and leading offshore teams is a must.
Education Level Required:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear verbal and written communication.