|Reference # : ||17-00728
||Title : ||Consulting Engineer (Desktop Engineering)|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/17/2017
| Description |
|Position: Service Management Lead|
Location: Washington, DC
Contract Duration: Fulltime
MANDATORY SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Overall a minimum 8 - 10 years of experience
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Expert Experience in Desktop Imaging for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (Should have used tools like MS Deployment ToolsMDT)
- Experience in Windows 7 & 10 roll out worldwide
- Optimizing Image and troubleshooting images using (MDT / Windows AIK)
- Application Packaging using Adminstudio.
- Package Distribution using SCCM.
- OS Engineering
- Microsoft deployment tools (MDT).
- Good to have certification in TIA / MS SCCM / MDT / Admin Studio / Win Batch
- Provides expert-level design, installation, configuration and consulting services for the local, wide-area , Internet and remote access networks, including components such as switches, routers , links, cabling, operating systems, servers, storage arrays, directory systems, management and backup systems; Consults with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of network infrastructure plans and designs, and includes emerging technology and product supportability into design and implementation;
Knowledge and experience with implementing:
- Expert knowledge in multiple areas of networking, such as network infrastructure, data communications and protocols, file servers and application servers in different software environments, database technology, remote access, security, web technologies, directory services and messaging;
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of installing, configuring and maintaining network infrastructure components; Skilled in the application of advanced network management and diagnostic tools for predictive analysis and problem resolution; Proven expertise in the operation, administration, maintenance and engineering of enterprise networks and/or server environments. Strong understanding of security architecture and technologies. Able to consult with business on solutions and risk analysis.
- Secure configurations for systems
- Secure design principles
- Significant expertise in given field. Should be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients and management.; Ability to articulate complex technical ideas both verbally and in writing; Ability to perform work within set services levels and with minimal supervision; Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team; Applies extensive technical expertise to coordinate and implement ad-hoc and complex assignments; Guides the completion of major projects and may function in leadership role. Work is performed without appreciable direction.
Education Level Required:
- Tier 2/3 support of all software the section is responsible for (Windows OS, Mac OS, Software Distribution, Security products on the Desktop etc.).
- Responsible for the planning, engineering, and maintenance of the organization's desktop environment infrastructure, including OS images, GPOs, and Desktop Configuration, BIOS.
- Responsible for the planning, engineering, and maintenance of the organization's endpoint security solutions and infrastructure.
- Responsible for the planning, engineering and maintenance of the organization's software distribution and configuration management solutions and infrastructure.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the desktop.
- Work with external vendors on resolving problems and also to evaluate new technology.
- Evaluates patches and make decisions on whether to deploy.
- Evaluate and suggest new technologies related to the section's area of responsibility.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager of a group or section.
- Expertise - Windows 10/ SCCM skills
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.