|Reference # : ||17-00697
||Title : ||Data Scientist/Ontologist|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/17/2017
| Description |
|Position: Data Scientist/Ontologist|
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contract Duration: Fulltime
1. Shape and lead the execution of Careers integrated data, analytics and insight-generation capabilities, leveraging centralized data model
2. Design, implement and coordinate the execution of data model with single taxonomy across Careers products to guide insights across for clients
1. Shape Careers data capabilities
a. Design Career's integrated Big Data and unification capabilities across all products
b. Provide thought leadership to shape new data-centric offerings by integrating existing and new sources of data to generate integrated insights across the career portfolio
2. Implement unified model across Careers products to deliver insights
a. Develop implementation roadmap to deliver on Careers objectives, architecture, in alignment with overall Mercer data strategy & innovation goals
b. Deliver state-of-the-art technology solutions to support collection, cleansing and integration of data
c. Rationalize current data structures to a shape scalable schema and enterprise data model with single taxonomy; leveraging new sources, increasing flexibility and ease of integration
d. Shape data management practices, promote best practices and innovation regarding the use and governance of data and information across Mercer
e. Leverage disruptive big data technology capabilities, machine intelligence to develop and deliver insights across Mercer's careers products
- Extensive experience in Hadoop/Big Data environments, including experience with MongoDB and Data Ontology; Data modeling, both logical and physical, broad variety of analytical processes, schema and schema less data structures ; data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms, Relational - SQL - and multidimensional - MDX - query languages. Experience executing business driven / self-service BI
- Deep knowledge of the AI/BI vendor landscape; proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and/or Kanban
- Strong understanding of modern technologies and use to solve business and customer problems to deliver business value and growth ? cloud, mobile OS, PaaS and IaaS
- Strong business/process analysis skills and the ability to think strategically for longer term, enterprise benefit.
Education Level Required:
- Solid business skills, business communications, analysis, business/IT business cases, driving strategic value, partnering closely with business and delivery leaders
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate internally as well as externally with remote locations, external partners and clients, and vendors.
- Extensive experience creating and delivering presentations and demonstrate a comfort influencing high level executives
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives.
- Ability to conceptualize a project and create a vision, and lead others and follow-through on projects to completion
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.