|Reference # : ||17-00020
||Title : ||Juniper Engineer / Network Security Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/24/2017
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Juniper Engineer/Network Security Specialist. This person will be actively engaged in the operations, engineering, support, upkeep, strategic deployment and implementation of security aspects related to operating the companies MPLS, Internet and local area networks. This person is directly responsible for firewall management, maintenance, operations and support, and is engaged in support efforts for all companies corresponding technologies globally.
- Monitoring and resolving incidents appropriately following an ITIL based Incident Management process and ticketing software
- On call support resolution for priority incident resolution.
- Engage carriers for service repairs (MPLS, DIA, DSL, POTS, T1, PRI, etc.)
- Vendor engagement for all aspects of network systems.
- Support for firewall devices of the manufacturers Juniper (SSG and SRX series), Fortinet (FortiGate series), and related management systems (Juniper NSM, Junos Space, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer) including all UTM features (IDP/IPS, SSL deep inspection, Proxy services, etc.).
- The position will use skills in routing, switching and firewall technologies to maintain a highly-available, highly secure, highly-scalable and geographically diverse infrastructure to support business critical applications.
- Analyze and tune firewall systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability
- Review of security infrastructure systems to ensure adequate capacity, performance levels, and upgrade requirements
- Design, configure, and maintain complex IT security infrastructure with mixed vendors (see above)
- Provide day-to-day management of the infrastructure to ensure security, availability, and uptime
- Provide network and VPN management and administration
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Provide guidance on architecture to ensure adherence to security requirements
- Ensure systems proactively monitored 24x7
- Perform routine diagnostics and maintenance, and install/implement new hardware or software as it relates to security infrastructure
- Perform packet analysis to identify and remediate security and performance issues
- Participate in disaster recovery and fault tolerance management and testing
- Manage and ensure change control is being followed and tracked for security infrastructure
- Provide escalation support to other system administrators
- Provide ad hoc assistance as needed
- Project coordination/engagement
- Customer interaction
- Keep current knowledge of changing technology.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years working in a mid-size network environment as a lead.
- 7 years working in network security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related IT field, and/or 7 years of experience working within a diverse IT network infrastructure
- Cisco and Juniper certifications preferred
- Knowledge and experience in data center design and operations.
- Experience supporting multiple sites is a must.
- Juniper SRX and Unified Threat Management along with Junos Space management server experience a must. Basically a Juniper expert.
- Cisco ASA experience a must
- Must have a desire to continuously learn and be engaged with new systems and services as well as flexible to change, addition and transition of duties.
- Fortinet experience a must
- Knowledge of Networking principles and technologies, including In-depth knowledge of Layers 1 - 7 of the OSI model.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Familiar with routers, switches, and access-points.
- A thorough knowledge of DNS, DHCP and windows networking.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting Frame-Relay, MPLS, VLANs, wireless technologies and protocols.
- Knowledgeable about VPN and remote access technologies such as Citrix and RSA.
- Comfortable documenting and explaining network topologies
- Have a passion and drive and enjoy being engaged with new and challenging circumstances every day.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VoIP.
- Linux/Unix experience a plus.
- Understanding of PLC environments.
- Experience working in a global infrastructure environment.
- Will adhere and contribute to our company standards.
- Provides superior customer service to end-users and peers.
- Consistently productive.
- Has the initiative to identify and recommend IT process improvements.
- Communicates well with employees, peers and user community and has the ability to educate and inform others.
- Has a general understanding of our business requirements.
- Provides attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- German Language Skills a plus.
- Some lifting may be required (less than 50lbs).
- Some travel may be required.