|Reference # : ||17-00301
||Title : ||SQL DBA|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/28/2017
| Description |
Position Title: SQL DBA
Project Location: Houston, TX
Contract Duration: 10 Months
- Coordinates professional staff including recommending, starting, organizing, selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work and counseling.
- Monitors trends and improvements in database technology laws, rules and client policy to plan database improvements, expansions and future requirements: assists in establishment of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and quality standards
- Manages database operations by coordinating with directors, selected and appointed officials, and others to determine requirements, establishing and encouraging work or project teams, developing work schedules, reviewing performance information, monitoring projects, and reporting on significant activities and events.
- Assists database users by providing or overseeing training, assisting with database problems, addressing requirements for new capabilities, installing upgrades, and providing other assistance as required
- Oversees database system administration such as system documentation, configuration management, backup, security, access, virus protection, performance information, and related tasks.
- Performs department administrative functions such as preparing budgets, controlling expenditures, performing special studies, preparing reports, providing support to elected or appointment officials and boards or communities and preparing specifications for contracts
- Daily Tasks Performed
- Design, model, configure, test, and install SQL databases in the test, development, and production environments
- Perform and troubleshoot database backup, recovery, capacity, and security plans.
- Administer, maintain, and implement changes to existing databases to meet customer requirements.
- Respond to test and production database problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Business Experience
- 5 - 7 years experience in SQL and other DBA related skills
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.