|Reference # : ||18-00305
||Title : ||Joining and Laser Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||10/04/2018
| Description |
|Full time Joining and Laser Engineer opening in the Marietta, GA area. This role is responsible for engineering, parameterization, commissioning and maintenance of welding and joining processes. This is a perm position with health benefits and competitive salaries available. Relocation assistance may be provided!|
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Assessment of technical feasibility of joining and laser technologies during RFQ and design phases of projects.
- Identifying risks and opportunities for improvement on new and existing joining processes.
- Follow trends and developments in joining and laser technology while assessing application possibilities within the organization
- Performing and coordination of internal and external test studies; Interpreting the results to gain clear insight in the process variables and their result on the output.
- Introduction to, and training of, joining technologies to other internal departments (Maintenance, Production and Quality)
- Support during commissioning of welding, joining and laser processes.
- Second level support of maintenance and production staff with joining and laser related problems.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with (internal) customers, suppliers and research facilities.
- Systematic documentation of processes, materials and methods.
Education and/or Experience
- General/Intermediate knowledge of robotics and automation
- Experience with the following joining processes:
- Resistance and Projection Welding of steel and aluminum
- Drawn Arc Welding
- Capacitor Discharge Welding
- Glue application
- (Stud) Clinching, Riveting operations
- Laser Welding
- CMT MIG Brazing
- Skilled in English, knowledge of German preferred.
- Able to read and interpret (customer) quality requirements and industrial standards
- Knowledge of the metric system and metric/European standard machine components
Perceptive Recruiting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, has over 23 years of IT recruitment experience. We have relationships in the local job markets and we'll connect you with hiring managers. Perceptive Recruiting also believes that having a great relationship with you helps us understand your goals and aspirations so that we can find the right fit for you. We offer resume writing and interviewing coaching to help provide you with the best chance of success, and we'll follow up to keep you updated on the status of your opportunities. Connect with us now at http://www.perceptiverecruiting.com. Perceptive Recruiting is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Laser Safety Officer