|Reference # : ||18-00011
||Title : ||Vice President, Solution Management|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/12/2018
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a VP of Solutions Management to join their team on a full time basis. The Vice President of Solution Management will own the roadmap across all solutions for the company, while continuing to drive new solutions that provide unique value to customers and economic growth for the company. This role will specifically drive the vision, roadmap and execution of the company's payment integrity, analytics and platform products for the health insurance market. This role will initially require the VP to be hands-on to enable execution, while building out the product team in parallel. This work involves building and leading a team and effectively establishing and managing all aspects of portfolio and solution strategy and planning, road mapping, cost benefit analysis, product prioritization and launch to meet the organization's goals and market needs.|
This role requires a valuable combination of product management expertise, strategic thinking and data-driven decision making to create and grow a strong product management function for the company.
- Build, manage and mentor a team of product managers, subject matter experts, analysts and others to drive product definition, prioritization and enhancements, within the context of the corporate strategy.
- Ensure engagement, competency and continued professional development of the product team.
- Work with product managers to develop product strategy and roadmap by analyzing product performance, identifying and filling product gaps, and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience and drive growth
- Lead the organization to think about how products can exceed customers' expectations. Meet frequently with customer and partners to develop a deep understanding of their needs and business issues.
- Build effective processes and metrics for success.
- Evaluate potential product or information partnerships
- Ensure excellent collaboration relationships between product managers, and key internal stakeholders, including Sales, IT, Delivery Operations, Marketing, Account management and Finance
- Keep current on business, competitor and market trends and emerging market opportunities that have the potential to impact and influence product strategic direction
- Exhibit and teach product management lifecycle and agile best practices.
- Align organizational priorities through consistent, clear communication
- 15 – 20 years of experience of which 10+ years are product management experience within the healthcare industry
- 5+ years building and managing successful product management teams
- 5+ years of experience working for a vendor/supplier to the health insurance market
- Active professional involvement within the healthcare industry
- Experience soliciting user and industry feedback: interviewing customers and non-customers, leading focus groups
- Proven track record of setting product vision and translating that vision into a product roadmap and end to end execution.
- Experience with cost benefit analyses or business modeling, market trends/analysis, analytics and reporting, competitive analysis and product roadmap development
- Proven experience in managing multiple product lines and/or complex initiatives simultaneously across the entire lifecycle – from initial requirements gathering and cost benefits analyses through product release and rollout.
- Experience with customer/client management, managing the tension between customers' wants and needs.
- Innate ability to analyze situation and come up with effective solutions and to create processes where none previously existed.
- Ability to utilize and interpret data to drive and support product decisions.
- Must be able to think creatively and critically, rapidly learn and apply new technical concepts, and understand and apply detailed knowledge while remembering the big picture
- Must be willing and excited to solve problems of all kinds by embracing and pushing change and challenging the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to lead by influence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), as well as use of salesforce, JIRA, MS Project or Smart Sheet or similar tools
- Extremely organized with demonstrated ability to establish priorities and achieve results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an ability to summarize and translate at an executive level while also diving into details
- Ability to work comfortably in an evolving environment, convert ambiguity to clarity and help the organization scale as it grows.
- Ability to work with all levels and departments within the organization, applying skills in negotiation and influence to drive strategic and tactical goals to completion
- Ability to participate in and lead virtual teams without direct authority using excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate with prospect and clients with varied operational and technical backgrounds
- Ability to communicate with people with varied technical backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to travel and represent client as a thought leader, as business dictates