|Reference # : ||17-00788
||Title : ||Senior Infrastructure Project Manager|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/25/2017
| Description |
Position: Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Contract Duration: Contract
- Leader skilled and responsible for partnering with the project owner/sponsor and all stakeholders to create and implement appropriate and cost efficient solutions based on business objectives.
- Assists in identification of project's business value; ongoing monitoring of value attainment within the project lifecycle and development of realization tracking method.·
- Acts as project manager, with leadership responsibilities for a matrixed team on medium to large sized projects. Manages results as outlined in the project's triple constraints of budget, schedule and scope (objective/quality/·performance.)
- Represents team recommendations to Senior Management, demonstrate influence over governance bodies, and communicate effectively via formal presentations.·
- Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understands business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.·
- Initiates and ensures project management and methodologies are followed and change management procedures and supporting tools are used in executing all projects as appropriate.·
- Manages deliverable estimation process, resource allocation and efficient utilization; negotiates resource conflicts with other project managers or resources managers as appropriate. Escalates to VP, IT Service Delivery as necessary.·
- Very strong understanding of current infrastructure concepts with the proven ability to implement servers, VMware, SANs, networks, data centers and monitoring in a fast paced, high availability, ITIL environment. Ability to get the respect of the senior technical teams to lead projects, coordinate teams and handle issues and problems effectively in a timely manner.·
- Very strong understanding of current security protection, monitoring and remediation techniques with the proven ability to implement solutions for the network, servers, databases and the desktop.·
- Understanding of disaster recovery, business continuity and high availability concepts from planning to testing.
- Ability to quickly learn and use ne·w complex technical concepts and resolve issues with them in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to discuss complex technical concepts to the technical staff, stakeholders and business executives in a simple straightforward manner.
- Communicates technical issues, impact, and risk mitigation strategies in business terminology that can be communicated to and understood by non-technical.·
- Provides ongoing status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution. Leads issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation. Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.·
- Creates and maintains project plan (charters and schedules), and reviews them with the appropriate Group Company IT, business partners and steering committees. This includes tracking plans against agreed upon resource levels, timelines and budgets.·
- Responsible for facilitating vendor identification, selection and contracting with project owner, Vendor Management, Legal and Financial areas. Maintains ongoing management of vendor throughout the life of the project.
Education Level Required:
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills - able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.·
- Excellent communication skills combined with experience leading a matrix project team.·
- Excellent teamwork, critical thinking, analytical, judgment and interpersonal skills.·
- Highly proficient in use of project management discipline and best practices (PMBOK driven)·
- Competent in the use of all project management and analytical software tools.·
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert in Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010 or 2013
- Expertise in Portfolio Management techniques and analytical software tools.·
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server desired
- Expertise in methodology development, training and process control.·
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.