|Reference # : ||20-01896
||Title : ||Electronics Systems Engineer BS Degree|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||11/06/2020
| Description |
JOB ID: TYARD903513
Job Title: Electronics Systems Engineer - BS Degree
Duration: 12 Month
Location: Saline, MI
Company Background: Our client, a major employer in the area, is looking for a Electronics Systems Engineer BS Degree to be part of its team in its North American operations.
- Client’s Electronic Systems 4 Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Electronic Systems Engineer.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to define and deliver audio sound quality and lead the planning and execution of vehicle multimedia systems.
- Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the person in this role will support the Electronic Systems 4’s department's objective toachieve high quality release at each milestone throughout the full development cycle.
- Define, target set and deliver audio sound quality for Client Motor North America responsible vehicle development projects.
- Participate in technical design reviews and lead the planning and execution of multimedia systems (including radio reception, Bluetooth hands free, Voice Recognition, GPS) vehicle performance.
- Perform field evaluations of AM/FM/Satellite Digital Audio Radio System (SDARS)/SXM radio receptions and work directly with suppliers to deliver performance exceeding our customer’s expectation.
- Plan and perform competitive vehicle benchmarking to identify industry direction to Client’s future multimedia products.
- Be the voice of the customer – reflect customer trends and expectations, and industry direction to Client’s future multimedia products.
- Develop new multimedia test methods and processes.
- Solve complex multimedia component, system and integration problems utilizing solid engineering processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in audio technology development.
- Understanding of concepts of acoustic design/evaluation, measurement instruments, audio signal processing and acoustic test instruments
- Solid understanding of vehicle acoustics and the challenges it presents.
- Familiar with AM/FM tuner characteristics and how they relate to actual field performance.
- Knowledge of common language used in describing audio and AM/FM tuner performance.
- Demonstrate project team leadership with targeted results achieved.
- Willingness to travel (30% DRIVING with some overnight stays) and work extended time.
What you may bring
- Ability to identify audio sound quality anomalies and communicate what is heard to make appropriate corrections.
- Knowledge of various audio system measurement methods.
- Understanding of mobile audio system design and/or installation.
- Experience conducting field tests of radio reception performance and the ability to make subjective performance ratings and objective measurements.