|Reference # : ||20-00659
||Title : ||Apache Kafka Developer|
San Leandro, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/28/2020
| Description |
Role: Apache Kafka Developer
Location: San Leandro, CA
Type: 6+ Month (Possible extension)
- Maintain high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits within the development team while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Facilitate the agile development process through daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products and development tools.
- 8+ years hands on experience in Java/J2EE/Spring
- 3+ years hands-on experience in developing applications using Kafka (Architecture) and other messaging systems
- 3+ Working experience with Kafka Client APIs (Producer, Consumer, Streams)
- 2+ years of Real-time Data pipelines/Streaming in distributed env.
- 2+ years of Configuration and fine-tuning of Kafka for optimal production performance
- Experience with Confluent Kafka components (Connect, Schema Registry, KsqlDB)
- Demonstrated OO design skills and familiarity with GOF/J2EE design patterns
- Proven communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with all facets of SDLC - ranging from inception to deployment
- Hands-on experience with unit testing frameworks like JUnit or TestNG
- Real-time dashboards (Grafana, Kibana. Elastic etc)
- Experience in MongoDB
- Prior experience with Apache Camel is a PLUS
- Prior experience with large scale Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementations
- Prior experience with Oracle database is a PLUS
- Prior experience with Unix/Linux, Maven and Git is a PLUS