|Reference # : ||20-00633
||Title : ||Cooperative Automated Driving Researcher PHD Degree|
Mountain View, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/21/2020
| Description |
|JOB ID: TYARD864861 |
Job Title: Cooperative Automated Driving Researcher PHD Degree
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Mountain View, CA
Company Background: Our client, a major employer in the area, is looking for a Cooperative Automated Driving Researcher PHD Degree to be part of its team in its North American operations.
The candidate will be hands-on Researcher responsible for the development of the cooperative automated driving platforms. Cooperative Automated Driving leverages artificial intelligence techniques and sensor data (camera, radar, GPS etc.) from neighboring cars for enhanced perception, accurate mapping and improved and safer driving experience. Research areas include Cooperative Mapping, Cooperative Localization, Cooperative Perception, and Cooperative Maneuvers (vehicle platooning, etc).
Following all Client rules, policies, guidelines, and procedures, meeting specific performance requirements (as noted below), knowing and understanding the safety program, and contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results are needed to maintain employment with the Center. Job performance standards, job descriptions, and job requirements can change as needs of the Center change.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop innovative solutions that advance state-of-the-art of Cooperative Automotive Driving in areas such as (but not limited to) mapping, localization, perception, and maneuvers.
- Integrate research solutions into a coherent Cooperative Automated Driving platform.
- Obtain patents and publish research in prestigious journals and conferences.
- Work horizontally across Client to fully understand technical needs and to disseminate Client ITC research.
- Participating in other projects/activities as necessary.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of sensor fusion and the cooperative and automated driving challenges to augment onboard information.
- Knowledge of machine learning and neural networks, as they are applied to the cooperative and autonomous driving problem, and communications network technologies is a plus.
- Research prototype development skills
- Knowledge of connected vehicles and/or autonomous vehicles and its use-cases.
- Programming experience, e.g., Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations.
- Corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements experience is a plus.