|Reference # : ||18-02779
||Title : ||OSP Engineer - II|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||10/09/2018
| Description |
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 5-7 years of experience
Individual will perform all aspects of detailed OSP design to include placing material orders and working with teammates, the field, and other internal teams to support the ODN network. The individual will help trouble-shoot issues and escalate as necessary to ensure the network is capable of supporting customer orders.
CLIENT JOB TITLE: OSP Design Engineer
Design and prepare work orders for OLT electronics to ensure they are strategically placed in our network to support new and future customers. Individual will work both as a sole contributer and as part of a team to ensure the OSP designs are able to support immediate demand and network growth. Individual will be responsible for OSP design, ordering material, and ensuring material is properly installed in a timely manner.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, and GIS s.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Inside Plant knowledge as plus
- Desire candidate with Engineering degree.
REQUIRED SHIFT: Standard 9-5