Description: At Client, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for Client and for the people who work here.
Client's business problem to solve:
Providing support to project managers delivering software and infrastructure solutions.
Position's General Duties and Tasks:
• Responsible for supporting all aspects of program or project management
• Develops customized project tools and processes for project teams, e.g., create templates for collecting/reporting information to Project or Program Manager, etc.
• Collaboratively with the Program or Project Manager, is responsible for development of comprehensive plans, critical milestones, managing interdependencies, resources, duration of tasks, and potential risks to release implementation.
• Demonstrates successful communication skills. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively in a number of different forums with various levels of staff ranging from entry level to upper management as well as external vendors
• Responsible for successfully supporting the management and completion activities associated with ad hoc project assignment. This includes scheduling project team meetings, capturing key decisions and action items, identifying risks and managing according to established deliverables and timelines
• Supports project(s) through its lifecycle. Applies standard project management methodology to plan and track the project.
• Helps maintain the project plan and all related management materials, including a weekly status report.
• Communicates changes to impacted areas both effectively and proactively.
• Assists in the development of project-related presentations and communications.
• Responsible for meeting logistics, i.e. ensure room set-up and distribution of meeting material.
• Responsible for ensuring essential meetings are scheduled and to copies of project materials are available upon request. Assists Project or Program Manager with meeting facilitation as needed.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Proficiency of various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Lotus Notes and other desktop tools; Proficiency in use of MS Project or similar project scheduling tool.
*Desired: Familiarity in the application of project management principles. Strong and proven coordination and project management skills. 1-2 years experience.