Contractor: Presentation Specialist
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ or Ashburn, VA
Reporting directly to the Sr. Graphic Designer, you will be work as part of a newly formed in-house team with other designers and copy writers on a variety of B2B and branding projects and assignments. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking and design skills. In this role you will conceptualize, design and execute high-level presentations, translating business goals into highly effective creative solutions. You should be able to organize and present strategic ideas to key stakeholders and business partners.
This role works to maintain and evolve brand standards holistically across the organization. The Presentation Specialist will be working primarily in PowerPoint, but we're not looking for the average PowerPoint specialist, we're looking for a designer and innovator who can collaborate with senior staff to create meaningful static and motion graphics using PowerPoint. You should feel comfortable offering your viewpoint in ideation sessions and in presenting your work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years' experience in the creative industry; art/interactive art direction or graphic design
- Strong presentation design portfolio demonstrating expert level in PowerPoint including use of multiple masters, animations, actions and video.
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Understanding of the strengths and limitations of presentation technology including aspect rations, projectors, sound and video equipment.
- Expertise working across channels. Experience presenting work to internal teams and partners.
- Experience working in an agency or in-house agency, leveraging branding guidelines to develop a range of creative initiatives while utilizing various procedures and processes
- Experience communicating directly with business partners, project owners and managers; good communication skills and diplomacy when dealing with internal team members and business partners
- Keen attention to detail, troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimal Technical Skills
- Advanced experience in Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) as well as PowerPoint; Keynote experience a plus but not necessary.
- Mechanical/production build
- Photo retouch, animation knowledge a plus
- PC and/or MAC skills
- WorkZone experience a plus
- Experience in HTML and interactive tools preferred but not required