Contractor: Sr. Graphic Designer
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Reporting directly to the Manager, Agency Relations and MarCom Support, you will be work as part of a newly formed in-house team with other designers and copy writers on a variety of B2B and branding projects and assignments. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking and design skills. You must be able to manage a small team AND be hands-on with design projects. In this role you will conceptualize, design and execute high-level print and digital projects that align with the overall company and program goals. You should be able to easily translate business goals into highly effective creative solutions and be able to organize and present strategic ideas to key stakeholders and business partners.
This role works to maintain and evolve brand standards holistically across the organization. You should feel comfortable offering your viewpoint in ideation sessions and in presenting your work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years' experience in the creative industry; art/interactive art direction or graphic design
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a supervisory role managing or leading a small team
- Advanced knowledge of print and digital print processes
- Experience working with junior designers/PPT specialists and providing design guidance across multiple channels. Share insights from past experience to help grow skills across the team
- Expertise working across channels. Experience presenting work to internal teams and partners.
- Experience working in an agency or in-house agency, leveraging branding guidelines to develop a range of creative initiatives while utilizing various procedures and processes
- Experience communicating directly with business partners, project owners and managers; good communication skills and diplomacy when dealing with internal team members and business partners
- Keen attention to detail, troubleshooting skills
Minimal Technical Skills
- Advanced experience in Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- HTML 5, CSS and responsive design preferred
- Mechanical/production build
- Proficiency with Office suite (PPT, Word, etc.)
- Photo retouch, animation knowledge a plus
- PC and/or MAC skills
- WorkZone experience a plus
- Experience in HTML and interactive tools preferred but not required