This role is remote.
WHO YOU ARE
Do you solve customers' most challenging problems alongside them and internal engineering teams?
Are you a technologist that enjoys partnering with engineering teams to become a Client of the customer experience?
Are you a strategic advisor, effectively educating technical and non-technical clients about products and solutions that drive critical applications?
Do you find being a mentor thrilling and enjoyable?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Trebuchet Support Lead at Client, you will partner with deeply technical customers to solve challenging problems in critical production systems. In this role, you will:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Be responsible for your team of 4-5 support engineers, engaging and challenging them to drive better customer and employee experiences while advocating for better quality and operational excellence
- Facilitate collaboration among the engineering leadership team on how to improve the overall platform team
- Advocate for customers to ensure their needs are heard
- Collaborate across all teams (Platform Sales, Platform Engineering, Platform Solutions Architecture) at Client to drive a positive customer experience
- Design, build, and develop content for client-facing communications at a training and analysis level
- Participate in engagements and workshops with internal teams to improve the experience delivered to customers
- Educate clients on the Trebuchet Platform services and their usage
WHAT WE DO
- Six + years leading global support team, playing a key role in the advancement of strategy, policy, and supporting tools for operations
- Six + years hands-on expertise in designing, developing and improving support services for scalable and complex, highly distributed systems
- Four years management position effectively balancing multiple sets of technical needs from teams with various goals and needs
- A technology evangelist, connecting people who have problems with the right solutions, technology, and knowledge to succeed
- Successful history of adoption a must
- Experience in client-facing positions as a savvy support engineer or engineer in a related field. Relevant experience includes:
- Software Developer
- Consultant (in a technical role)
- Systems Engineer/Administrator with heavy scripting
- Support Engineer or escalation technical support
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex issues in areas including:
- Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Protocol level knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with
- Software development or software debugging
- Distributed systems architecture or cloud architecture
- Systems administration
- Container technologies (RKT, Docker, etc...)
- Balance of technical and business acumen a must
- Technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with client managers and executives on technical issues
Client's Trebuchet Support Engineering team acts as a first responder to customer technical issues using provided toolsets to remediate, assist and escalate issues as necessary. Support Engineering collaborates across Client Trebuchet's teams to ensure we iterate on the experience we offer our customers, drive excellence within and provide our customers with a positive experience, especially when things go awry. As a Trebuchet Support Engineer, you will partner with customers during their most frustrating moments and guide them through to the right answer, and act as the customer's representative within the Trebuchet organization and ensure their voices are heard when they need it most.
HOW WE DO IT
- Competitive salaries
- Personal time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Annual training and career development
- Company-provided equipment, including cell phones
- Weekly catered lunch in the office
A next generation MSP, Client is recognized as the pioneer of managed services for public cloud platforms. Client has unique expertise in architecting, migrating, managing and securing public cloud, private cloud, hybrid IT and traditional IT around the globe.
Backed by a global team of experienced professionals and world-class interconnected data centers, Client provides comprehensive cloud, compliance, security, governance, automation and DevOps solutions. Gartner named Client a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting.
What we do and how we do it matters. Client's culture reflects who are and what we stand for as a company. We measure our success by the success of our clients.
Innovative and Collaborative
Technology equals change. We embrace the challenge of continual improvement and work together, across teams and around the world. Our teams are always seeking to learn, test, prove, and adopt best of breed technologies, processes and services to enable the success of our clients.
Confident and Empathetic
Client is recognized as an industry leader. We are trusted with solving complex, mission critical problems for the world's most recognized brands. We develop a deep understanding of our clients' business challenges and objectives, taking a personal interest in helping them achieve their goals.
They should understand TCP/IP at a protocol level, to some degree. Know basic flags and their purposes:
SYN, ACK, FIN, RST, PSH
Probably have some idea of what congestion avoidance is in TCP.
They should be able to understand what a CIDR refers to; there are enough CIDR calculators that subnetting isn't likely a major issue.
They should be able to use programming frameworks like Rails or even write scripts in a high level language to solve problems.
They should be fluent in using API's. AWS API's are a great example.
They should be able to troubleshoot remote systems that they don't have administrative access to.
They should be able to examine logs and stack traces to understand problems.
They should be familiar with Docker and RKT.
They should be able to troubleshoot databases, but I don't need them to know SQL.
They should understand NoSQL databases.
Interested? Send me your resume today! email@example.com