|Reference # : ||18-04060
||Title : ||Business Analyst (2 positions)|
Cedar Rapids, IA
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||4 Years
||Start Date : ||10/10/2018
| Description |
|2 positions - Business Analyst - Full Time Direct
Department - Product Management & Customer Experience
|No sponsorship available for this role
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering the business and technical specifications so that the product can be developed as outlined by the product owner. The business analyst will effectively partner with product and engineering to determine the "how” of a solution from a functional user perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for complete testing of the new functionality.
- Collaborate with UX/UI team during the Usability testing sessions and add / update stories based on user responses and research.
- Breakdown the roadmap into Epics and group User stories under them.
- Collaborate with and support developers during their design and development efforts to provide support for their analysis of the story.
- Validate that product deliveries meet customer requirements and drive product demos.
- Represent the customer and users during backlog grooming sessions and internal demos.
- Improve and expand knowledge and skills sets with regard to current trends and changes in software development industry and be up to date with latest design trends.
- Proactively contribute to the quality of the product by seeking and proposing new or alternate approaches to address the requirements.
- Actively participate in Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Scrum Meetings and other agile activities.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
Education and Experience
Interested? Send me your resume today!! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's Degree business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven working experience as a product or business analyst.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Experience using analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to optimize conversion and user experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines.