|Reference # : ||18-04040
||Title : ||Sr. Systems Engineer|
San Francisco, CA
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||08/27/2018
| Description |
The System Engineer will provide day to day support and maintenance of customer's server infrastructure and server applications. This position will participate in multiple projects to provide engineering level support. Occasional travel to Sunnyvale, CA when required.
- Manage, support and maintain Active Directory 2003/2008R2 ADUC, DNS, DHCP, AD replication, Reporting, GPO/GPP
- Manage, support and maintain Cisco UCS server environment
- Manage, support and maintain VMware Infrastructure
- Manage, support and maintain Windows server 2003 r2, 2008, 2008 r2, and 2012, 2012R2
- Manage, support and maintain Exchange 2007 environment setup with CCR and SCR, Exchange 2013 with Proofpoint email security appliance
- Manage, support and maintain EMC Avamar and Networker backup solution
- Manage, support and maintain OCS 2007 R2 and Lync 2013 environment
- Manage, support and maintain third-party applications such as Symantec Endpoint, Tivoli System Manager (Bigfix)
- Manage, support and maintain Client server hardware maintenance
- Manage and lead small to medium size Infrastructure related projects
- Support Disaster Recovery Site management/maintenance
- Participate/Lead server security patching
- Available to work evenings and weekends for emergency maintenance
- Build/maintain Windows 2008R2/2012 R2 OS images using third party tools
- Ability to work with multiple vendors to support customer's infrastructure
- Support/manage change control for server infrastructure
- Strong overall infrastructure knowledge/experience. This candidate should have a min of 5 years of concentration of server side administration or engineering.
- Need a fast paced individual that can juggle many things from trouble shooting, answering emails, working on projects to self-managing work load.
- Must be independent, self-managed, able to provide updates, raise issues or escalate if needed, etc.
- Work collaboratively, support team members, balance each other everyone will bring their own expert/intermediate/junior technical status to balance the team, you need to back up each other, trouble-shoot together, etc.
- Excellent communicator.
- 5 to 7 years project support as lead engineer
- 5 to 7 years implementing and supporting Active Directory infrastructure
- 5 to 7 years implementing and supporting Exchange infrastructure
- 5 to 7 years supporting Client, Dell, or IBM servers
- 5 to 7 years engineering/managing backup infrastructure
- 5 to 7 years implementing and supporting third-party applications
- 2 to 3 years managing distributed sites
- 2 to 3 years EMC vBlock or VMax experience
- 2 to 3 years OCS/Lync experience
- Some experience centrally pushing applications to workstations using GPO or third-party tools
- Strong Documentation skills
Training and Certifications: - Relevant Microsoft, SAN, VMware certifications are desired but not required.
- Intermediate to Expert Windows Active Directory 2003R2/2008R2
- Intermediate to Expert Windows server 2003 r2, 2008, 2008 r2, 2012, and 2012 r2
- Intermediate to Expert Exchange 2007/2013
- Intermediate to Expert Back Up Management
- Intermediate to Expert patch management
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft third party support
- Intermediate to Expert VMware