|Reference # : ||18-03401
||Title : ||Principal Engineer- FPGA & Digital Design|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||08/27/2018 / 02/25/2019
| Description |
6+ month contract, candidates able to work on INT Technologies W2 are strongly urged to apply.
|What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Design digital hardware including FPGA development for space-based, high reliability electronic systems. Assignments include designs which will include SOC architectures utilizing soft-core processors, digital filters, image processing algorithms, and communication interfaces/protocols.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Digital system partitioning and advanced function implementation in FPGAs. Strong design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems are desired.
- Strong electronic circuit design and electronic systems background.
- Strong FPGA and board design skills.
- Expertise in VHDL/Verilog, System Verilog and OVM/UVM, and Modelsim/Questa simulator is a plus.
- Experience in developing specifications, cost, schedule, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Familiarity with cPCI, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Spacewire or Firewire is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics DxD, OrCAD CIS, Hyperlynx for schematic design and SI analysis is a plus
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Knowledge of space radiation effects is a plus.
- Familiarity with ASIC tools, libraries, design flow and fabrication is a plus.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between company campuses and other possible non-company locations may be required.