|Reference # : ||18-03234
||Title : ||Software Engineer|
Cedar Rapids, IA
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||7 Years
||Start Date : ||08/08/2018
| Description |
|Software Engineer III
|About the opportunity
|This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join our software development team and lead technical work on foundational platform for the next generation of our software products in tax preparation and financial advisory markets. We are a fast moving, get-things-done bunch looking to leverage the latest mobile and cloud-based tooling and microservices-based design to disrupt traditional tax filing industry and delight our users with the seamless, high-touch experience across online, mobile and IoT platforms.
If you are a motivated, experienced developer with background in designing and developing high-performance platforms and services, give us a call.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Develops new software packages, performs upgrades and/or fixes to existing operating software packages.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Marketing and Product Managers to design, implement and test software applications.
- Respond to technical requests regarding assigned application or component.
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology.
- Works as individual or participates as a member of a software development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and development lifecycle tooling (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS).
- Experience in service oriented architecture and frameworks (NServiceBus, Mass Transit), messaging (Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, Azure Service Bus/ Event Hub), and micro services - oriented patterns a strong plus.
- Experience with C++, C++ 11/ MFC preferred.
- Experience with cloud platforms (MS Azure, AWS) a plus.
- Experience with Mongo a plus.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' application development experience.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies, Scrum preferred.