|Reference # : ||18-02072
||Title : ||Business Systems Analyst V|
San Antonio, TX
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||05/22/2018 / 11/21/2018
| Description |
Title: Business Systems Analyst 4
Assignment Duration: 6 months
Potential to Extend: Y
Potential to Convert: Y
Work Location: Austin or San Antonio, TX
Remote Work: No
2 panel interviews
• Serves as liaison between customers and development departments during the initial phase of product development.
- Meets with end uses to understand business processes.
- Gathers and documents functional, system, and data requirements.
- Creates detailed technical specifications and data models for development of new or modifications to existing products.
- Ensures projects remain on schedule and all target requirements are met. Uses development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyzes results.
- May perform quality assurance testing.
- Analyzes results of product testing to ensure product solution matches the documented business need.
- Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to development team.
- May play a key role in the training of customer and technical support personnel.
What does a typical work day look like? (How much time will be spent in meetings? Etc.)
• Meetings with core team will take up 30% of the resource's time. These interactions may be held in person, over Zoom, or in Slack (IM)
• This project will introduce a new knowledge management system and chatbot system.
How does this project impact the business?
• The team is the link between the business is very close. We have been funded separately to transform the self service experience.
What does the team environment look like?
• Friendly agile team consisting of API and UI developers working alongside Product Managers and Quality Engineering.
• The team resides mainly in San Antonio with some development resources working remotely and traveling to San Antonio when necessary. Our business stakeholders are in the same building.
What is the interaction level this resource will have with the team? The manager?
• Daily Interactions
What is driving the need for this resource?
• Business transformation
Why should candidates be interested in this role/project?
• This particular role will be on a project that is implementing a new Knowledge management system and ultimately driving initial interactions toward a streamlined chatbot experience
• This team is not working with extensive technical debt and/or process. It is the ideal environment for a candidate that wants to learn and be part of a small but focused group.
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5 SKILLS NEEDED
- Self Starter with a results driven approach. ¿
- 3 years– This individual will be the most junior team member on a team of top technical talent.
- This team moves very quickly.
- Organization skills with the ability to self-organize and create structure for the team.
- Experience with Agile software projects. Flexible to change of scope and priority
- JIRA and/or Github experience (2 years)
- Technical Specifications and documentation of requirements (5-7 years)
- Ability to build out workflows and process mappings. (2 years)
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
Required Soft Skills:
- Knoweldge Center or chatbot implementations
- Confluence knowledge. Specifically, One wiki.
- Ability to write detailed use cases and acceptance criteri
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, from business stakeholders to call center users.
- Situational awareness. Ability to recognize and differentiate appropriate settings where questions and lower level detail collection is appropriate.