|Reference # : ||18-01812
||Title : ||Cyber Security Engineer|
San Francisco, CA
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||05/28/2018
| Description |
Interested candidates send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Duration: Perm/direct hire
Client: Established mutual fund company
This security engineer will help develop the clients next gen vulnerability management program including formalized assessment criteria, integration with asset inventory, enterprise vulnerability scanning and remediation tracking and governance.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate pen tests and review and interpret findings to the various system owners;
- Assess publicly and privately announced security vulnerabilities to determine the risk based on severity, threat likelihood and firm impact;
- Leverage the clients inventory and patch management systems to provide reporting and governance for vulnerability impact and remediation progress;
- Provide technical assistance for understanding vulnerability remediation and will serve as a subject matter expert on remediation;
- Manage and maintain End Point Security software.
- Solid Windows Operating System knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of Networking.
Training and Certifications:
- 8-10+ years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Minimum four years of cyber security and vulnerability management or penetration testing techniques and validation of results.
- Experience in deploying and operating vulnerability scanning infrastructure and services
- Strong foundational knowledge of computer hardware/operating systems, network hardware and architecture.
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Data Encryption/Cryptography standards
- Strong knowledge industry standards regarding vulnerability management including Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, wireless security, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines, web server and database security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with End Point Security Management
Certifications a plus:
CISSP, Comptia CASP, ISACA CISM, any GIAC/Department of Defense 8570 certifications.