|Reference # : ||18-01588
||Title : ||Guidewire Java/J2EE Developer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/30/2018 / 10/29/2018
| Description |
Seeking a "contract to hire " candidate for a Java/J2EE Developer for its Policy Center Team (e.g., underwriting, business, etc.).The chosen candidate would be a strong Java/J2EE Developer with Guidewire as well as Property and Casualty experience.
Enterprise Services team is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven developer to design, develop, and support critical enterprise systems and applications. This position requires an individual that has software development skills, particularly in Java/J2EE. The candidate will be responsible for system design and development activities for a project. The candidate will have an opportunity to work with the agent policyholder portals, document management, web services, process management, policy administration, business workflow, and data warehouse applications.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, enthusiastic about taking on new responsibilities, as well have previous experience with a property and casualty insurance carrier.
- Analyze application specifications and technology approach to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future system enhancements.
- Work with Business Analysts and Management to recommend future application solutions, including the evaluation of technology options and development of proof of concepts.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to diagnose and resolve complex defects.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Analyze design alternatives and effectively present solution options for implementation.
- Implement front end and ESB modules in line with integration strategy of centralization, reuse, and loose coupling of systems and components.
- Develop automated unit test cases for testing integrations.
- Support testing activities and resolve issues identified.
- Work within a development team using Agile methodology to deliver software.
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
Interested? Send me your resume today! email@example.com
- Bachelor's degree with a major in computer information systems or engineering
- Highly motivated and ambitious, excellent communication skills, creative & critical thinker
- Continual learning and improvement in the understanding of software capabilities and programming languages is essential.
- Experience implementing SOA, ESB modules, web services and APIs.
- Strong skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts. Strong J2EE, XML, SQL, or other object-oriented programming language knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Agile methodology, software version control, and release management, including Ant/Maven.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of P&C insurance and Guidewire applications