|Reference # : ||18-01134
||Title : ||Developer - Specialty III|
San Antonio, TX
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/03/2018 / 10/02/2018
| Description |
|6+ Month contract in Austin or San Antonio|
Title: Software Developer III
Assignment Duration: 6 months
Potential to Extend: Yes
Potential to Convert: Yes
Work Location: Castle and Austin
Hours: First Shift
Overtime Status: No
Interview Process: 2-hour interview, each with 2 person panel
Who will conduct interviews? Manager Senior Developers
Responsibilities include: translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; providing estimates for development effort; implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software; creating unit and acceptance tests; coordinating sign-off from QA/Test; automating deployment; and assisting Operations and Support staff in trouble-shooting software issues, as well as, implementing bug fixes. Depending on the assignment and level of responsibility, expertise, or working knowledge in multiple programming languages, technologies, and software platforms. Adheres to established coding and process best practices. Makes regular contribution to engineering standards and best practices. Develops own technical leadership skill by providing mentorship to others. Initiates ideas and acts upon ideas that result in indirect benefits. Ability to develop, adopt, and share quality improvement strategy. Initiates opportunity for collaborating outside of his/her team. Maintains a collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback.
Designs robust, scalable, secure, and globalized feature. Demonstrates sound rationale in making design trade-offs for various feature areas. Identifies risks and mitigation for various feature areas. Effectively manages dependencies for various feature areas. Drives continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design. Efficiently implements feature area with minimal technical debt. Feature areas are easy to deploy and maintainable. Proactively drives refactoring and code-reuse. Feature areas are bug free. Includes unit tests for feature areas to achieve established code coverage targets. Feature areas are test-driven designed, enabling efficient regression testing. Makes regular contribution to test automation. Evolves feature area(s) with new ideas to realize greater benefits or to solve newly anticipated problems. Focuses on multiple feature areas or components. Consistently, contributes to key functionalities for our product and service offering.
What does a typical work day look like? (How much time will be spent in meetings? Etc.)
• Daily, morning, 15-minute team standups
• Slack channel team collaboration throughout the day
• Upgrade to Java 9/Groovy 3/Grails
o Major Upgrade to backend and frontend architecture
How does this project impact the business?
• Most importantly, the Upgrade project will keep our application in PCI compliance
How does your team impact the business?
• The MyRackspace Portal team is responsible for managing and maintaining the portal for all dedicated/hybrid customers.
What does the team environment look like?
• The MyRackspace team is made up of Front-end and Back-end Software Developers, Operations Engineer, Software Developers in Test, and a Technical Product Manager. Team members are located at both Castle and Austin locations.
What is the interaction level this resource will have with the team? The manager?
• This resource will work closely with all member of the MyRackspace team and Manager on a daily basis.
What is driving the need for this resource?
• The MyRackspace roadmap is extremely full and we need additional resources to help complete major initiatives for not only the team, but for Rackspace as a whole.
Why should candidates be interested in this role/project? (Discuss the competitive market and any unique selling points for Rackspace)
• This role has the unique opportunity to work with multiple teams which offers great exposure
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5 SKILLS NEEDED
• Minimum 5 years of experience in software development, engineering, testing, or a related field.
o Alternate requirements accepted: Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related technology field plus 3 years of experience in software development, engineering, testing, or a related field.
• Master/Expert of 2 languages; Java and Python preferred
• Experience with developing using Groovy, Grails, Python, Java/J2EE
• Experience with Creating/Consuming either SOAP or RESTFul web services
• Experience with Web Service testing tools
• Experience with RDBMS technologies such as PostgreSQL
• Experience with Any ORM technology
• Development IDE such as IntelliJ
• Experience with Code management tool such as GIT
• Experience with Jenkins
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
• Understanding of PCI Dev Standards
• Experience with using containers such as Docker
• CI/CD experience
Required Soft Skills:
• Maintains a collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback
• Works well in an Agile based environment
• Provides architecture solutions and best practices for a team to deliver quality code
• Collaborates with BA's to break functional stories into technical stories
How will the performance be measured?
• Peer Reviews
• Contribution of code
• Contribution of technical documentation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related technology field
Operating System Needed for this role:
Interested? Send me your resume today! email@example.com