|Reference # : ||18-01133
||Title : ||Senior Oracle DB Tuner|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/08/2018
| Description |
Position: Senior Oracle DB Tuner
Client: Apply for client name
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 12+ months (up to 24 months)
Rate: Depends on experience
Reference # 18-00621
Sorry, C2C is not available for this position
- 8+ years of Oracle application data tuning and optimization, development, and data modeling.
- Expertise in performance analysis and tuning, including the use of standard Oracle tools (Explain Plan, SQL Trace, ADDM/AWR) as well as third party solutions
- Experience tuning and developing in both Oracle RAC and Exadata environments
- Modeled, and created database objects, including partitioned tables, views, indexes, packages
- Planned and coordinated DB space management, worked with storage concepts (Rebuilds, Compression, Logging, Cache)
- Developed original and/or complex PL/SQL code and provided coding guidance to less experienced staff
- Played the role of lead support analyst, including triage duties and outage coordination. Acted as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- 4+ years of hands on experience in Oracle 12c/11g environment
- Experience in large (2+ TB) database tuning and optimization
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting and Scheduling tools (e.g. AutoSys)
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies, defect tracking (including tools)
- Track record of 2+ full project lifecycle and development, as well as post-implementation support activities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including documentation skills
- The ability to work in a multi-tasking team environment. This role supports multiple in-flight development projects at the same time.
- Has served as an Oracle DBA, or Application DBA, on multiple initiatives
- Previous exposure to Accounting / Financial applications a plus
- Experience with OLTP/OLAP type applications
- Understanding of Kimball Methodology, Star Schemas, Slowly changing dimensions, Database and data security, large scale Financial Services Data
- Experience with ERwin modeling tool
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.)
- Holds applicable Oracle certifications.
Additional Job Details:
- Provides the highest technical expertise for the performance analysis, design, capacity planning, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Leads complex and critical data / database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Serves as a consultant on technological advancements.
Interested in this opportunity? Please email your updated resume or call me today!
- This position is for a senior technical developer/database analyst within the TOG – CTD – FST group, with a focus on performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Candidate must have at least 5-8 years of experience working with custom application development with a heavy emphasis on Oracle architecture, design and development.
- Candidate must possess excellent technical skills and demonstrated ability to follow best practice SDLC methodology.
- Should also be knowledgeable and have experience working with large scale applications, preferably financial, in large scale organizations.
- Candidate must have an analytical, logical thought process for developing project solutions and resolutions to issues.
- Technical skills should include strong Oracle, Performance Tuning, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, Business Intelligence, and UNIX.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory.
- Technical certifications and advanced degrees are preferred.