|Reference # : ||18-00945
||Title : ||Business Analyst - Remedy and Cherwell Support|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||03/12/2018 / 09/07/2018
| Description |
General Technical Skills:
- Background: Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to assist with daily Incidents and Work Orders from Remedy and Cherwell related to the Client's financial system (Tyler Munis). The position will be a 26 week assignment.
- The Business Analyst will be responsible for providing day to day support for customers and follow-up on defects with Tyler Munis. This role will also be involved with testing current and future versions of Tyler Munis: Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Project Ledger.
- This role is also responsible for performing problem solving and conflict management techniques;
- planning work strategies;
- prioritizing multiple tasks;
- participating in application testing and QA;
- designing end-user reports;
- maintaining testing and training documentation and
- contributing to key user training sessions
- The position reports to the ERP Functional Lead.
Skills and Duties:
- Manage – respond effectively, promptly and accurately to daily user issues and requests while managing overlapping tasks.
- Plan – work with the Functional Lead and Aviation stakeholders to create an integrated planning effort for priorities and activities.
- Evaluate Risk – quantify and contain the occurrence and potential impact of risks and risk events on the operation of ERP systems.
- Collaborate – work closely with all stakeholders to resolve issues, implement changes, evaluate performance and work together as a team; actively engage user groups to build an effective trouble shooting network and build/maintain business relationships.
- Evaluate Change – thoroughly evaluate change requests to provide recommendations and options that are best for the business enterprise, based upon business policies and the systems' capabilities.
- Attitude – maintain a positive, service-oriented attitude that illustrates an ongoing desire to assist, resolve, counsel and train your peers, system users and stakeholders.
- Communicate – actively engage with users and stakeholders to communicate status, share ideas, and maintain strong working relationships; meet – and preferably, exceed – the expected implementation targets.
- Document - create accurate and complete specification documents and training materials, ensuring that all documentation conforms to Aviation's standards for content, format, location and retention.
- Train – update assigned training materials and maintain user-accessible library.
- Demonstrate experience in support of a highly integrated, enterprise-wide application with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong communications capabilities, both written and verbal.
- Adherence to and/or authorship of published protocols and/or processes.
- Significant experience in maintaining task plans, documentation, communications status reports, and meeting deadlines.
- Previous procurement or finance background in an entity of over 500 employees.
- Municipal experience in one or more of these applications is a plus:
- Tyler – Munis Core Financials
- SSRS report development
- Experience with supporting financial and procurement systems necessary to deliver services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with work tracking systems such as Remedy, Client ALM, PWA and MS Project is a plus.
- Experience with the Procure-to-Pay business cycle is a plus.
- Experience with construction procurement or construction projects is a plus.
- A four-year degree in a field applicable to this position is required.
- Master's or other graduate degree preferred;
- comparable knowledge and experience may be considered in lieu of a graduate degree.
- Must be able to supply written proof of completion for all course work and/or degrees that are being used to satisfy the minimum training requirements.
- CCBA and CBAP Certifications and PMP Certification or equivalents are a plus.
Business Analyst specific:
- Process documentation – create and maintain process documentation.
- Training documentation – maintain training documentation in a timely manner.
- Testing - planning, execution and tracking results of testing activities.
- Defect Resolution – troubleshoot and document system defects and follow-up to ensure defects are resolved
- Implementation - planning and execution of implementing system changes.
- Post Implementation Verification – confirm system and data integrity.
- Coordinate – between the user community, stakeholders and vendors to agree upon and prioritize tasks, follow standards, communicate effectively, and provide services to meet the business needs effectively and efficiently. Conduct meetings to address risks, issues, etc., when needed.
- Environmental conditions – office environment; exposure to computer screens.
- Physical conditions – essential duties listed above may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time.