|Reference # : ||18-00853
||Title : ||Systems Architect / Admin|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/05/2018
| Description |
|INT Technologies is a premier provider of consulting and staffing services to Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries. INT was founded in 2000 and has experienced continuous growth annually and has received Inc. Magazine's fastest growing companies in the US honor for the past 5 consecutive years. We've become a leading staffing solutions provider and our team of Senior Technical Recruiters, Client Managers and Consultant Support Professionals focus on building long-term relationships and providing unparalleled customer support. Headquartered in Phoenix, we have offices throughout the United States in order to provide the best customer service to our clients.|
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Systems Architect / Admin.
Systems Architect / Admin
This position is a blend of system admin and networking functions. Any network or security certs would be a plus.
Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and upgrading of network and system hardware and software. Acts as a tier two escalation point for all network and systems related issues. Recommends hardware and software upgrades as it relates to normal system lifecycles.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports network hardware and software such as switches, routers, and firewalls and related systems.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports enterprise software such as active directory, exchange, SQL, and virtualization technologies.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports system level hardware including physical servers, PC's, storage, backup hardware and related datacenter equipment.
- Maintains enterprise level backups of all systems and infrastructure components to support credit union needs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots all aspects of telephony services to facilitate credit union business.
- Assist users in accessing, installing, and securing network resources. Provide phone, e-mail, and in-person support and training to end users ensuring their needs are met.
- Inform management of area activities. Notify supervisor of system malfunctions and operating problems that cannot be corrected by routine procedures.
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Keep availability of computer systems within the accepted range, and implement approved changes that will benefit the department and Credit Union
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Network operations including the configuration of firewalls, routers and switches
- Knowledge of Active directory, storage, OS, windows, and Linux.
- Knowledge of Security Systems that protect all Credit Union Data
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and output requirements a plus
- MCSE preferred
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Able to communicate complex information clearly
- Attentive to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call 952-452-8946.