|Reference # : ||17-05512
||Title : ||IT Desktop Support Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||11/27/2017
| Description |
Under the direction of the Manager of Operations and Technical Support, this position is responsible for configuring and supporting computers and smartphone applications, installing and supporting desktop applications, and responding to Help Desk calls. This includes, but is not limited to purchasing, receiving, account and vendor relationships, inventory control, distribution, and repair/maintenance for desktop PCs, laptops, smartphones, and multimedia equipment.
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 technical support to internal users located in Southern California offices and job site locations.
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone, remotely and in person.
- Prioritize, troubleshoot and solve simple and advanced issues, delivering solutions that address root cause instead of symptoms of problems.
- Provision and deprovision Endpoint hardware and User Accounts, including Active Directory, VPN and SaaS applications.
- Document standards, best practices configurations, settings and installation procedures per IT standard methodology.
- Assist with office build-outs and expansion by coordinating logistics and required infrastructure.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks, including occasional weekends/evenings.
- Collaborate in efforts to streamline IT operations, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Train users on existing and new procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Additional Skills/Abilities Preferred, but Not Required:
- Degree in related field or equivalent in Computer Information Systems.
- Experience using enterprise Directory Service and Endpoint management solutions (AD, SCCM ect.)
- Experience with Powershell scripting and SCCM Application packaging.
- Hands-on experience supporting Windows, Android and iOS platforms.
- Certifications in related field (CompTIA or Microsoft a plus)
- Driven to help others with a how can I be of service attitude.
- Strong work ethic, exhibiting a sense of urgency relative to resolving critical issues.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all other MS Office Suite applications.
- Take ownership of problems and follow through until they are resolved.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work in standard office environment with physical ability to lift packages, boxes, and equipment (of 5 to 50 pounds frequently) from the ground to above shoulder height.
- Work after hours and/or on weekends as required.
- Construction industry experience is highly desirable.