|Reference # : ||17-05340
||Title : ||Systems Architect|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||12/10/2017
| Description |
|Interested candidates call Stephanie Cooper at 720-458-5354 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org |
The systems architect generally works at the most senior IT executive levels yet is also technical enough to build systems in the lab, work hand-in-glove fashion with applications teams, network and systems engineers, project managers, and on-site field support personnel. In this role: "the buck stops here”. The systems architect will represent Amy's Service Delivery team in shaping our future through requirements gathering, investigation, and introducing technology that best supports how our company produces finished goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtains, converts, vets and documents requirements into the design that ultimately constitutes the build-specifications for the solution. Must know the solution domain's component items (CI's) and the interactions between them. Understands that our network is the intersection of flow, time and people; not a series of router and switch interconnects.
- Manages assigned tasks in projects and program components; provides impact analysis, Service Design Packages (using the ITIL standard) and high-level design (HLD) documentation for review, and co-chairs the Transition-To-Operations evolutions for services delivery.
- Provides assistance and support to others as needed.
- Leads the analyses, designs and reviews of the solutions' environments availability, capacity and performance. Ensures the infrastructure and service delivery is optimally designed. Verifies the solution is built to specifications.
- Works with business architects, customers, and IT Service Delivery to create the decision-criteria in designing, building and running "Something”-As-A-Service.
- Leads root cause analysis: Correctly interprets complex technical information from a variety of sources, analyzes situations, draws reasonable conclusions, and creates corrective action plans.
- Takes a leadership role when working with vendors and Site Leads in resolving service degradations or interruptions of the solution domain (which may consist of application layer symptoms, compute-storage layer symptoms, network layer symptoms, and micro-services layer symptoms, and interoperability symptoms).
- Provides planning documentation, HLDs, configuration management reports for compliance, and performance, capacity and availability reports.
- Reviews, plans, evaluates and optimizes Amy's virtualized and cloud environments.
- Follows relevant documented standard operating procedures (SOP's) and policies.
- Participates in the creation and review of SOP's.
- Stays informed relevant technologies and related issues appropriate to Amy's core business.
- Works collaboratively or independently as required to perform project-related duties competently, including sub-tasks, in a timely manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy's Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A college degree is required; preferably in a computer-related, math, science or engineering related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience is required, 5 of which should have been as Systems Architect, Solution Architect or Technical Manager/Director for a Fortune 500 company.
- Some supervisory experience is required. Five years' experience as an architect at a director level may be substituted for management experience.
- Prior design accountability for $5M+ implementation projects is required.
- ITIL Foundation Level certification is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is required.
- Dependable: Ability to independently perform multiple, highly complex tasks – and gets it done right the first time. You shouldn't have to be supervised on a day-to-day basis.
- Initiative: Ability to knows what needs to get done and gets it done in a routine manner.
- Knowledge: Does not guess nor experiment with our Production Systems. Has the right answer, or gets the right answer. This is the person who can fulfill the 2 am – 15 minute rule: During an outage at 2 am, in 15 minutes explain why our bits-and-bytes flows are what they are.
- Flexible: Amy's is a manufacturing company, not a technical company - working with others whose goal is to produce goods to sell to our customers - and at their convenience and in a variety of circumstances and around production constraints is crucial.
- Enthusiastic: Loves what they do, the people they do it with, and the company they do it for.
- Ability: Strong communicator in written form, clarity of oral argument, and strong presentation skills with the uncanny ability to make people feel good and refreshed about asking you for help.
- Experience: Relies on more than 15 years of working with larger enterprises with a variety of technologies and situations
- Fluent in english with the ability to effectively communicate technical information and concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, high level design documentation, low-level design documentation, topology diagrams with labeling, business correspondence, SOP manuals and run-books.
- Ability to effectively present information clearly and concisely; respond to questions from groups non-technical audiences.
- Ability to distill and summarize offerings from technology vendors for presentation to other IT colleagues.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, basic statistics, and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
During the normal course of performing the duties of Systems Architect, the employee is often in direct or indirect contact with confidential information. The employee shall keep such contact to a minimum wherever possible, and will hold all such information in the strictest confidence and with the highest professionalism.
CODE OF ETHICS
In recognition of the IT field's responsibility to professionalism, the employee will review and practice the guidelines set forth by the industry-standard SAGE Code of Ethics. The Code is available at the following URL: http://sageweb.sage.org/ethics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.