Needed: IT Project Manager; Full-Time/Salaried(~$80k-$105k/yr+ Bonus/Benefits); Chicago, IL 60606; email@example.com
** U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.**
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for an experienced IT Project Manager. Your skills are needed to assist the IT Department of a multi-billion-dollar Residential Property Management Firm headquartered in Chicago, IL 60606. In this role you will be charged with managing a variety of IT Departmental projects including application development on the Microsoft .NET platform, projects in the Oracle Applications environment, with occasional projects on the infrastructure side. Typically, you will be managing 3-5 primary projects at the same time, with some additional ancillary minor projects (minor projects might be characterized as keeping tabs on vendors and/or small teams).
The key to getting this job will be a balance of classic PM skills with a focus on managing application development in an Agile environment, combined with a strong hands-on, energetic, "go-getter " personality. We need someone that is comfortable getting involved, stepping in and taking charge. Strong Project Management, Risk and Change Management skills are expected.
Activities will include:
- Leading the development of IT solutions to meet business needs (project management/leadership, scheduling, issues and risk, change control, team meetings)
- Developing required SDLC documentation (Project Charter, Project Plan, Gate reviews, Issues and Risk logs, meeting notes, etc.) for potential project/programs for approval
- Coordinating multiple project activities such as project team meetings requirements and architecture sessions, and coordination of end-to-end testing efforts
- Coordinate, attend and contribute towards project and App Dev sprint planning sessions.
- Managing open issues and working cross-functionally to facilitate resolutions
- Establish key milestones and drive progress to accomplish milestones in a timely manner
-Prepare and distribute status updates to all stakeholders.
- Manage scope changes from the business
- Ensuring the client's project management methodologies and processes are followed (the client uses Agile, must be accustomed to managing Sprints)
- Coordinate the efforts and availability of internal project resources in addition to third-party contractors, consultants and support vendors.
- 5+ years of successful experience in project management exp.
- Experience implementing Agile Project Management Principles
- PMI - PMP Training is a plus
- MS Project or MS Project Server or another similar tool
- Expert facilitation skills to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems
- Strong commitment to project delivery dates and doing whatever it takes to meet those dates
- Organized, thorough and strong attention to detail
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org