Needed: Instructional Design/eLearning Developer; $28/hr; 9 months; Chicago, IL 60601; firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for an Instructional Design/eLearning Developer (~2 years' experience) with experience utilizing Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia or Go Animate (should have worked with at least one of the products) and the Addie model for Instructional Design. Your skills are needed to assist a large CPG (consumer packaged goods) Food Company based in Chicago, IL 60601. In this role you will be charged with designing engaging learning and development solutions as well as updating existing eLearning courses to meet web-based learning needs. The ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience in Instructional Design developing coursework from start to finish following the ADDIE Model. You will work with in the client's eLearning group developing course work for their Human Resources Group.
Please not that this position is a 9 month contract engagement (through December 2017). We are looking for designers that can create and write materials and take creative measures needed to develop and manage full blown training projects. While you will typically work 40 hours a week some over time may be necessary to meet preexisting team deadlines.
- Use the ADDIE approach to design, build, and deploy training materials for our global academies
- Conduct learning needs analysis with our leaders and subject-matter experts
- Write creative design documents & storyboard courses
- Work with SMEs to build content
- Work with chosen development vendor to build the content
- Conduct QC/QA
- Deliver Alpha, Beta, Gama, and Final version of the content
- Project Manage the entire ADDIE wing-to-wing – work with SMEs, Academy Leaders, Vendors etc.
- Ensure ontime/onbudget delivery of quality courses
- Create Instructor-Led Experiences including classroom artifacts, instructor-guides, facilitator guides, presentations
- Create eLearning using Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, and GoAnimate – Is a Plus, more writing is a requirement.
- Be able to pull together highly-engaging learning experiences
- Design and build Micro Learning Experiences using highly engaging and creative videos
- Create/Assemble MOOCs in our own Edx is a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in learning design
- A Bachelor Degree is required...A degree in Instructional design would be a major Plus.
- Expertise with Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Go Animate, and other tools - highly preferred
- Contemporary learning design (application of traditional theories like Bloom's, Gagne's) as well as Marketing and Knowledge Management design
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to create Instructor-Led Training, eLearning, MicroLearning, and MOOCs
- Ability to have a vision, point of view, and more importantly relentless passion and deep care for the outcome
- Ability to work independently and to plan, organize and set/achieve priorities when performing work
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Superior interpersonal skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Customer and gain their trust and respect
Please note that all interviews will be in person at their Chicago offices. Work Samples will be required.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com