Hi, this is a heads-up on a short-term contract (3-4 weeks) opening with the Village of Lake County in Waukegan, IL. We are looking for a Sr. Consultant with BPA/BPR (Business Process Analysis/Reengineering) to conduct an Operational Assessment of a 3-shift operation supporting the IT functions of the Criminal Court Case Management Systems of the county. The selected candidate will have technical knowledge of the DOS/VSE VM platform and be able to shadow the managerial resources on 2nd shift (4pm-12pm) for two weeks to identify opportunities to improve efficacies and streamline/optimize job work flow. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com
Thanks - Shaun 847-202-6567
Needed: Sr. Consultant (w/ DOS/VSE VM) to conduct Operational Assessment of IT Criminal Management System; 3-4 weeks; $MARKET RATE/hr; Waukegan, IL 60087; firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for a Sr. Consultant with experience conduction IT Operational Assessments and BPA/BPR (Business Process Analysis/Reengineering) studies. Your skills are needed to assist a local municipality / government entity located in Waukegan, IL 60087 with assessing their legacy Criminal Court Case Management System which is on a DOS/VSE VM platform. We are looking for a Sr. Consultant with BPA/BPR (Business Process Analysis/Reengineering) to conduct an Information Systems Operational Assessment of a 3-shift operation supporting the IT functions of the Criminal Court Case Management Systems for the county. The selected candidate will have technical knowledge of the DOS/VSE VM platform and be able to shadow the managerial resources on 2nd shift (4pm-12pm) for two weeks to identify opportunities to improve efficacies and streamline/optimize IT job work flow for the court case management system.
Environment: DOS/VSE z/VM 5.4, z/VM6.3, DB2/VM 7.5, DB2/LUW on RHEL (Red Hat Linux) in an IFL; CA Unicenter for VM; VMOPERATOR and HiDro Backup utilities, CICS/TS, z/VSE Libraries etc. The IBM z/VM mainframe (zBC12) system in a combined z/VM-z/VSE environment. This would be running on an IFL in a z/VM LPAR that communicates to CICS systems in the z/VSE platform.
Duration: 2 Weeks on site in Waukegan, IL 60087; 1-2 weeks off site generating the report and proposed transition roadmap.
Deliverables will include:
- Providing a full Operational Assessment of Criminal Court IT operations
- Partnering closely with IT managers, Systems Programmers, and Computer Operators to understand, Identify, and execute improvement efforts
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes
- Support and enable the development of the transformation utilizing continuous improvement approach, Six Sigma Methodologies and tools.
- Create project documentation (study, business requirements, process flows, procedures, reports & spreadsheets, etc.).
- Prepare & analyze data, prepare presentations
- Assist in the preparation, strategy, and planning of proposed IT related Business Process Improvements.
- Knowledge of the DOS/VSE VM (z/VSE, z/VM) environment
- Prior experience Leading / Managing IT Operational Assessment/BPA/BPR initiatives
- Demonstrated innovative use of business process, particularly as it relates to information technology.
- Strong with Requirements Gathering, Use Case Development, Process Mapping, AS-IS, TO-BE documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface effectively, gather information, convey concepts and offer persuasive alternatives.
- Strong documentation skills; proven ability to write documentation
- Plays well as part of a team, cooperative, offers ideas, flexible
- Organized, thorough and strong attention to detail
- Planning and execution skills, possessing outstanding listening and communication skills. Must be able to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Must be detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible, and able to work independently.
Interested Candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com