Hello, this is a heads-up on an opening with Exelon Corporation (ComEd) in Chicago, IL 60603, for a PowerPlan Consultant with expertise in the PowerPlan Fixed Asset Accounting Suite for utility Companies. This is a long-term project that should run in excess of 2 years and will find you providing Configuration, Integration, Testing, and Support for the PowerPlan Lease Accounting Suite, PowerPlan Fixed Asset, and PowerPlan Income Tax Suite. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks - Shaun 847-202-6567
Needed: PowerPlan Consultant; $130- $150+/hr DOE; 12-24 months; Chicago, IL 60603; email@example.com
***Requires knowledge of PowerPlan v10 (or newer) Fixed Asset Accounting Suite; Utility/Energy Sector Experience is a big plus!***
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for a PowerPlan Consultant. Your skills are needed to provide technical, functional, and QA support to the finance community related to Fixed Asset (EAI), Lease Accounting and related Tax processes and tools to one of the nation's leading energy provider (Exelon/ComEd Chicago, IL 60603). This is a long-term project that should run in excess of 2 years and will find you providing Configuration, Integration, Testing, and Support for the PowerPlan Lease Accounting Suite, PowerPlan Fixed Asset, and PowerPlan Income Tax Suite.
The PowerPlan Accounting Suite is a fully-integrated suite of asset-centric accounting, tax, budgeting, leasing and analytics software services that enable regulated and non-regulated utilities of all sizes, oil & gas companies to mitigate compliance risk and support a culture of cost. PowerPlan's Lease Accounting solution provides 2019 compliance with IASB's and FASB's requirements for oil, gas and electric companies around the globe. You will be helping to support the testing of PowerPlan's configuration, integration, and support functions across the organization.
- 1-2 years' experience with PowerPlan v10 (Fixed Asset & Lease Accounting Suite preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, general business administration or computer science
- Minimum 5+ years experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial systems or related field
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Fixed Asset accounting including FAS 143
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Traditional QA experience in PowerPlan is key, must be able to assist with developing test scripts and perform test execution and documentation, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in the test environments and production environments. The client uses HP ALM as their testing tool.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft financials
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Internal accounting controls acumen
- Solid analytical capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and technology
- PowerPlan and Provision, v10.4 or higher
- PS Projects v9.2
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- SQL or similar
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Systems
- CPA or other financial certification
- Public Accounting experience
- Industry experience within oil and gas, mining, transportation, natural resources, utilities, energy markets or telecom
- Project management experience
- Business analysis experience
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org