Needed: Network Engineer with Aruba and Cisco hardware experience; [W2's ONLY]; 3-6 months at Lake County Municipality; Waukegan, IL 60087; firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for a Network and Systems Engineer with Aruba and Cisco hardware experience (Cisco Certification is aplus). Your skills are needed to assist a local municipality / government entity located in Waukegan, IL 60087. In this role you will be charged with ensuring the stability and integrity of in-house or cloud hosted servers and related components as well as administrate; voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This position will plan, design and develop local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the entire/enterprise level of the organization. In addition, the Network Systems Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network & server hardware, software, and communication links. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the network/server environment. Where applicable, the network systems engineer will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems and provide end user training where required.
Activities will include:
- Providing support and escalation services for network related mission critical systems.
- Maintaining network infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches and upgrades.
- Design, Deploy, Maintain, Monitor and Support network infrastructure, data communications, security and telecommunications systems and resolving network and hardware problems.
- Provide support for all WAN routers, LAN switching, Wireless, Firewall, and IP-Telephony solutions
- Participating in administering, monitoring, tuning and supporting the LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi
- Work with Infrastructure & Operations on Network capacity assessments.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage 3rd party network providers
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network & server performance and provide statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing network or server security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- 5+ years Network Engineering
- Technical Certifications; Job related experiences such as CCNA, MCSA, CompTIA Linux+, RHCSA
- 5+ years' experience with Aruba and/or Cisco routers and switches hardware/network and infrastructure equipment
- Experience working with WAN/LAN/WLAN/WWAN & Security technology
- Protocol Analyzers
- Experience with multiple network protocols: WAN, LAN, MAN, MPLS, VTP, VPN, IPSEC etc..
- Experience executing network technology rollouts
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Working knowledge of Network Management and Administration tool
- Knowledge of telephony systems, including VOIP, Mitel, Polycom, Skype for Business
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
-Application support experienced with SSO to Active Directory, Office 365, VPN, VMware, Microsoft Windows, Linux Red Hat Enterprise with Gnome & KDE UI.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Networking, or IT strongly desired
- Microsoft Office
- Strong Oral & Written Communication skills
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com