|Reference # : ||18-00039
||Title : ||z/VSE Systems Programmer|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/04/2018
| Description |
|Needed: z/VSE Systems Programmer; 12 months+ (Extendable); $Market rate; Waukegan, IL 60087; firstname.lastname@example.org|
**PLEASE NOTE: This is a QUICK START!
Horizon Technology Partners, Inc. has an immediate opening for a z/VSE Systems Programmer. Your skills are needed to assist a government entity located in Waukegan, IL 60087. In this role you will provide z/VSE Systems Programming for an operating system in a combined z/VM-z/VSE environment. This would be running on an IFL in a z/VM LPAR that communicates to CICS systems in the z/VSE platform. The selected candidate will have multiple years of experience providing Systems Programming for IBM z/VM mainframe (zBC12) and administration of the z/VSE system. Systems programming knowledge of CICS, CICS, Printer, Classes, Storage & Tape definition, z/VSE & z/VM networking, TCP/IP, VTAM, FTP and Terminal Definitions are expected.
- Installation and maintenance of z/VSE operating system and related IBM program products and utilities.
- z/VSE mainframe environment system support for - Rexx, JCL, CP, CMS Xedit, RSCS etc.
- Knowledge of Network in terms of TCP/IP and SNA.
- Provide support for maintenance, migration, and Technical batch jobs.
- System performance measurement and monitoring via Velocity Software products.
- Provide second-level support for operations and applications development groups on system software issues.
- Knowledge of z/VSE and CICS/TS for VSE.
- Work with software support groups including database, communications and application server software.
- Provide backup for the Systems Programmer regarding z/VSE operating systems and CICS online transaction management.
- Review of the existing Disaster Recovery Plan and its implementation.
- z/VSE Systems Programming
- Knowledge of the z/VSE architecture
- CICS/TS, z/VSE libraries
- Familiarity with the LFP agent configurations communicating with z/VSE Guests.
- Knowledge of CP, CMS, XEDIT, and REXX programming is required
- CA Unicenter for VM, particularly VMOPERATOR and the HiDro Backup utilities
- Support and usage of Velocity Software products; zMAP, zMON, zTCP and zVWs is also required.
- Knowledge TCPIP, FTP, RSCS and SNA protocols is required.
Interested Candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com