FYI: Sr. Technical Writer w/ exp. documenting Data Warehouse Processes needed; $45-$55/hr; ~3-4 months+; Chicago, IL 60661; email@example.com
Hello, this is a heads-up on a contract Technical Writing opportunity for a Sr. Tech Writer with experience documenting systems and build requirements documents in support of Data Integration, Data Analytics, and Reporting/BI processes. Experience in data, data bases, data integration is an absolute must for the Marketing Analytics company located in Chicago (3 blocks west of Union Station). The target start date is January 3rd. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks - Shaun (847-202-6567)
Needed: Sr. Technical Writer w/ exp. documenting Data Warehouse Processes; $45-$55/hr; ~3 months+; Chicago, IL 60661; email@example.com
Horizon Technology Partners has an opening for a Sr. Technical Writer with experience documenting Data Warehouse Processes (January 3rd target start date)
. Your skills are needed to assist a Market Demand Data and Analytics company located in downtown Chicago, IL 60606. Your skills are needed to document existing systems and build requirements documents in support of Data Integration, Data Analytics, and Reporting/BI processes for future releases
. This person is ultimately responsible for generating business and system requirements as well as functional and technical documentation as requested. The position will provide requirements and documentation support for business and IT environments. Overall the person in this position is expected to demonstrate proficiency in communication, requirements gathering/documentation and systems/user documentation.
Seven (7) plus years of Technical writing, training and/or experience in data, data bases, data integration, and experience in preparing business requirements
for information based systems is REQUIRED!
Activities will include:
- Working collaboratively with Technical Architects, Business/Data Analysts, Project Managers, and Business Stakeholders to develop the business and systems requirements documents
- Running JAD sessions to extract the needed info from the various team members (We can do "Brain Dumps " but they will need to then organize and thread the information into the needed forms).
- Creating illustrations, flowcharts, block diagrams as required
- Estimating own work assignments
- Assisting the Technology Team in the development of full life cycle documentation and documents activities as needed
- Must be willing to take ownership of assigned responsibilities and follows through to effective solution
- Communicating complex technical information in a timely, concise and coherent manner.
- Tools: The client is currently using Mind Map tools, MS Office, and SharePoint but is open to utilizing other open source documentation systems/software. You are expected to bring a strong understanding of documentation tools, usages and implementation to the table.
- 5-10+ years of experience as a technical writer supporting data base / data integration / Business Intelligence
- Prior experience documenting Data Warehouse process and associate reporting systems - data bases, data warehousing and business intelligence environments
- The ability to drive a JAD session - Able to build business/technical requirements based on interviews with business and technical stakeholders
- Must be capable of structuring questions to fill in conceptual gaps that are uncovered
- Experience documenting processes, systems, infrastructures, applications and environments.
- Expert Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) user for document creation and creation of diagrams
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience in Marketing, Campaigns, Market Research environments is a plus!
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org