FYI: Sr. Database Engineer; Full-Time/Perm, ~$120k-$130k/yr+ benefits; Chicago, IL 60661; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, this is a heads-up on an opening for a Sr. Database Engineer at a Market Demand Data and Analytics company located in downtown Chicago, IL 60661. We are looking for expertise in of database modeling, performance monitoring, data integration, capacity planning, and database performance tuning to support their Vertica, AWS Cloud, NoSQL environments. Starting salary will be ~$120k-$130k/yr with benefits program (BCBS health coverage, dental, vision, 401k with matching, 4 weeks of vacation, etc.). Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com
Thanks - Shaun (ph: 847-202-3242 x106)
Needed: Sr. Database Engineer (Vertica/AWS Cloud/NoSQL environment); Full-Time/Perm, ~$120k-$130k/yr+ benefits; Chicago, IL 60661; firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for a Sr. Database Engineer needed to work in a Vertica/AWS Cloud/NoSQL environment. Your skills are needed to assist a Market Demand Data and Analytics company located in downtown Chicago, IL 60661. You will be responsible for architecture, design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of databases in support of the Data Integration, Data Analytics, and Reporting/BI processes. You are ultimately responsible for database design and data flow of new projects as well as ensuring compliance to data standards and best practices. Tasks will include: database modeling, performance monitoring, data integration, capacity planning, and database performance tuning. Qualified candidates will have an educational and or employment background in Computer Science/Computer Engineering and a career focused on Database Engineering and a demonstrate proficiency in database design, SQL programming, Shell scripting, and troubleshooting. The client's environment consists of: Vertica, AWS, some Postgress, Tableau, Pentaho, and various scripting languages in a Linux platform. They currently run Vertica in their managed data center with Dev Vertica and some other services in AWS for development needs.
Details from the client: "We have built a marketing automation and marketing measurement platform on Vertica. It supports multiple clients, is data agnostic, and includes sophisticated data analytics. The design of the data relies heavily on reusable data patterns, and most of the data are maintained in deep structures (attribute key pair). This role includes technical database design and detailed implementation of the platform, as well as ongoing extensions and performance improvements. We expect this candidate to be a senior member of the Database Engineering Team, contributing to leadership, vision and direction of the products and technology. "
Please note: this is a full-time permanent salaried position w/Benefits and discretionary bonus. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Anticipated Salary: $120k-$130k+ Bonus and benefits
Bonus: Based on company performance and discretionary
Benefits: BCBS health coverage, dental, vision, 401k with matching, 4 weeks of vacation, etc.
Activities will include:
- Contribute to the development of technical design decisions involving all things related to databases
- Work collaboratively with Technical Architects, Business/Data Analysts, Project Managers, and Business Stakeholders to develop the database models and data structures
- Develop and implement new database and data loading patterns
- Proactively work on identifying and addressing DB/application performance issues
- Evaluate new database technologies and data integration mechanisms
- Maintain an in depth understanding of industry trends and evolving technology.
- 7-10+ years of experience in the design and development of enterprise relational database management systems
- Advanced data modeling/architecture (relational, dimensional data modeling and database design)
- Experience with data warehousing / business intelligence environments and platforms including: Vertica, Redshift, Postgres, Oracle or other newer database technologies
- Familiarity with data loading technologies such as: Informatica, Pentaho, SPARK, SQOOP
- Proficiency with SQL & PL/SQL (Must be able to write and implement complex SQL from scratch, understands sub selects, nested joins, coercion, and the functions in SQL and can author complex SQL in addition to adapting and modifying existing code)
- Experience with developing Cloud based (AWS) databases and migrating on-premise databases to Cloud based databases
- Knowledge of distributed databases and partitioning
- Knowledge of scalable data architectures
- Experience with identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Experience setting up and developing applications with NoSQL databases (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, working in a distributed, remote team environment and supporting multiple, concurrent projects
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to: email@example.com