|Reference # : ||19-00016
||Title : ||Senior Technical Lead|
Downtown Toronto, ON
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/24/2019
| Description |
Position Title: Senior Technical Lead
Project Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
Contract Duration: 6months to 1 year (Likely to renew)
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
- Creates a visionary architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align Business and IT; leads and facilitates the design and implementation of technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture
- Defines the architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank
- Creates and manages the various key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and scope
- Partners with broader stakeholders in technology and business in defining architecture possibilities and futures
- Works with Business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancement
- Provides input into the preparation of business case
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated
- Analyzes and designs viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provide sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budget.
- Provides immediate response to critical production program wide problems. Presents and evaluates alternatives, coordinating and ensuring resolution.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures
- Proactively identifies and implements strategies to improve reliability, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Leverages metrics and analytics to gain insight for planning, design and management to facilitate the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Designs and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Actively participates and contributes to future Infrastructure Releases and Middleware/Hub.
- Ensures that chosen technology is flexible, supportable and requires minimal maintenance.
- Ensures the tactical implementation of the computing styles and architecture.
- Creates and maintains current state of architecture in his/her area which includes:
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders
- Actively participates in architecture governance meetings (may be as a non-voting member)
- Actively participates in setting technical direction of the styles of computing
- Actively participates in checkpoint and design reviews
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at the bank, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Generally, 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Deep technical and system-level expertise in one or more technology areas.
- Advanced knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
Expert level skills within Charles River including:
Education Level Required:
- Build and configure new Charles River (CR) workflows that meet the needs of the business as well as eliminate or minimize existing problems while still maintaining necessary control points.
- Document new workflows.
- Work with Charles River application support, development and QA teams to ensure existing application integrations are working as designed, including ensuring all data elements are being loaded and displayed properly.
- Provides CR application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Experience implementing Charles River and software upgrades.
- General background in trading, including but not limited to trading systems, execution management systems, trade order management and pre-trade investment compliance systems, etc.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases with hands-on experience with SQL queries. Including supporting end user CRD Client software.
- UNIX navigation and shell scripting.
- Understanding of industry standards and standard business capabilities.
- Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer's business processes.
- Ability to review technical work
- Knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Systems Mgmt.
- Enterprise Data & Access Layers
- Pertinent Styles of computing
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of Information Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
Engineering Graduate or Relevant Experience.