|Reference # : ||19-00003
||Title : ||AWS Consultant / Engineer|
Down Town, Toronto, ON
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||01/13/2019
| Description |
Position Title: AWS Consultant / Engineer
Project Location: Down Town, Toronto, ON
Contract Duration: Contract
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
Working in a close knit technical team, the role will:
- Implement the enterprise Hybrid Cloud capability and develop a cloud orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services.
- Develop APIs and Webhook for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with system management systems, DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls
- Design and plan enterprise-scale cloud environments including application dependencies, data storage and flow, network connectivity and overall cloud hosting
- Design, Implement and secure cloud IaaS, PaaS and higher services in AWS and Azure
- Develop and maintain up-to-date architectural templates, build and operational documents of the technical environment.
- Contribute to the implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues
- Continuously enhance the capability, security and experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud experience.
Required Core Skills:
- Strong Knowledge and proven experience in setting, securing and managing public cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud bursting, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud.
- Experience in AWS and AZURE IAM policy preparation for cloud Security
- Proficiency in cloud automation using AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloudformation and terraform.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and Devops tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Strong programming skill with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift, VSphere
- Experience with setup and management of a software driven network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment.
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
- Strong Interpersonal and communication Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.