Position Title: Java Backend-Big Data
Project Location: Toronto, ON
Contract Duration: Contract
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
Education Level Required:
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines using the latest technologies.
- Apply design thinking and an agile mindset in working with other engineers, data scientists and business stakeholders to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new initiatives.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes and testing and optimize data quality.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation
- Experience leveraging big data technologies (one or more of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch) to build data products
- Experience writing clean and concise code using Java/Scala/Python
- Experience building APIs and exposing services through APIs
- Experience with public cloud environments
- A passion for simplifying and automating work, making things better, continuous learning, open-ended problems, efficiency and helping others
- Knowledgeable about containers and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos); knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Understanding of machine learning fundamentals
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.