Position Title: Business Analyst (Data/ Client Data)
Project Location: Toronto, ON
Contract Duration: Contract
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
Core Competencies / Skills:
- Drive business transformation across Capital Markets through adoption of the new Client Reference data platform, rationalize use of client data, consolidate silo platforms and converge all client reference data into central platform
- Provide thorough analysis of current business workflow and align new strategy to the large user base across different divisions; influence senior management on project strategy and identify business opportunities.
- Partner with the Front Office technology teams to drive adoption of central client data across all LOBs in Capital Markets
- Analyze requirements, produce details functional specifications, Define new client data strategy for front office across sales, trading, origination, research, and banking
- Involve in the successful execution of a global cross-functional and client-centric business transformation providing RBC with a competitive differentiation in the market resulting in new revenue opportunities.
- Candidate must also have a strong technical background to coordinate platform enhancements with software vendor and internal business partners.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of how the business operates and validate all changes are delivered in high quality and highly justifiable from a time/cost perspective.
- The candidate has to be viewed as the go-to person for all issues facing the Client data and Sales business transformation initiative. It is important for the person to be perceived as a partner for the business, rather than a task/issue-taker. The incumbent has to exercise sound judgment when business push-back is appropriate on short term struggles and offer a well analyzed and strategic mindset that will maximize the benefits in the long term.
- Subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge of enterprise Client Reference data
- Minimum 8 to 10 years project management experience, including the delivery and support of Client Reference Data, data management, platform transformation and re-engineering in the financial services environment
- Ability to work multiple initiatives and work streams at one time in a global environment
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills including creative PowerPoint and Excel to management
- Bachelor's Degree with an in-depth understanding of Capital Markets.
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets business which includes all aspects of sales revenue and CRM tools
- Experience working as a business analyst
- Experience working with operations, risk and finance
- Face off with business salesforce and technology teams
- Provide assistance to program management in support of Global Client Intelligence goals
- Successfully lead to the measurable improvement in business work flow for CRM platforms
- Influence cross discipline teams on new opportunities in managing client intelligence
- Summarize and highlight important enhancements and proactively identify risks and business issues
- Identify improvement opportunities proactively and drive project progress and benefits
- Define key performance indicators for success and measure teams against goals.
- Business analysis on project and detailed investigation 60%.
- Product rollout and issue investigation 20%
- Documentation 20%
Education Level Required:
University Graduate Or Relevant Experience.