|Reference # : ||17-00420
||Title : ||Sr. Data Modeler|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/20/2017
| Description |
|Position Title: Sr. Data Modeler
Project Location: Tampa, FL
Contract Duration: Fulltime
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
- Over 10-14 Years of experience in applying rigorous data management principles and industry standard development approach to Model complex and high volume financial industry data assets to build, maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Strong exposure to Oracle PL/SQL, store procedures, batch processes.
- Strong experience in architecting data management and governance practices across Finance and Risk LOBs(Market Risk, Regulatory etc.) in the banking domain.
- Coordinate with Architect & DBAs to define the optimal physical data model with view to build comprehensive Data Lineage and Knowledge Graphs on existing Data Assets. Define the Data modeling roadmap for onboarding new data assets for various Global Functions Financial Reporting
- Create entity-relationship diagrams for relational systems and dimensional diagrams for the existing and proposed Data Warehouse, Data Marts and data cubes.
- Define ownership, obtain approvals, and communicate data models to Technology teams. Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets across the Global Functions Financial Reporting Program.
- Provide architectural expertise in Data warehouse construction and engineering, data source identification, engineering and migration on latest DB technologies ? MemSQL, Sybase IQ, NoSQL
- Support system integration of diverse components and technologies used in the design, construction, testing, deployment and operations of DW & BI solutions (Microstrategy 10.X)
- Define /create / update required metadata. Maintain data models continuously as modifications and enhancements are made.
- Create data model structures to enhance performance of the application by creating aggregation and summarization structures.
- Provide feed-back to Business Intelligence project and management team in order to improve data acquisition (structured and unstructured), warehousing methodologies and tools.
- Reviewing and participating in testing of data design, tool design, data extracts, networks and hardware
- Develop, test, and implement scripts, programs, and related processes to collect, manage, and publish DEV and PROD metadata from data models
- Promote data models into production metadata environments
- Maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy. Maintaining a model repository
- Delivery of complex enterprise data solutions with comprehensive understandings in Architecture, Security, Performance, Scalability, and Reliability
Education Level Required:
- Data Modeling concepts (Advanced Level)
- DB Oracle DB/MS SQLServer, MemSQL, NoSQL experience is must.
- Modelling experience across large volume based (Tb/Petabytes) environments.
- Over-All understanding of Database space (Databases, Data Warehouses, Reporting, Analytics)
- Open to learn new technologies in-line with organizational needs / direction
- Experience with the technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and Hive. Additional skillset of MapReduce and Pig is plus.
- Well versed with Data Modeling platforms like Erwin, ER STUDIO etc.,
- Strong skills in Entity Relationship Modeling (ERWin modeling software preferred)
- Good knowledge about Database Designing / Administration, Advanced Data Modeling for Star Schema design.
- Good understanding of Normalized / Denormalized / Star / Snowflake design concepts
- SQL query development for investigation and analysis
- Experience with Data Profiling Tools.
- Working experience with BI tools like MicroStrategy will be plus.
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.