Position Title:SQL Database Administrator with Oracle Knowledge.
Project Location: New York City, NY
Contract Duration: Fulltime
Mandatory Technical/Functional Skills:
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company's database environment
- Oracle Database Backup and restore Schema, Table and Database.
- Oracle Security, Permissions and Database Vault/ TDE.
- Executing the scripts
- Knowledge of carrying out DR Drill.