|Reference # : ||17-00618
||Title : ||SSIS Sr Developer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/03/2017
| Description |
|Position: SSIS Sr Developer|
Location: Itasca , IL
Contract Duration: 11 Months
- Ability to work closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to understand business requirements
- Define new interface layouts using XML \ APIs for external data transfer\export and integrating into the Data warehouse
- Perform Data profiling and analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Create Process Flows using Visio
- Create Dimensional models using Power Designer or other data modeling tools
- Create/maintain design related artifacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
- Create source to target mappings and ETL design for integration of new/modified data streams into the data warehouse/operational data store/data marts
- Validate the ETL design, solutions, and transformation logic and ensure that technical specifications are complete, consistent, concise, and achievable.
- Performance tuning of SSIS ETL processes, SQL Queries on MPP architecture
- Proficient in leading and managing the development resources
- Well versed with Automation tools like Active Batch or other similar products
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment with distributed responsibility across different teams
- Ability to work and deliver in a very high paced environment with limited information at times to support business needs
- Experienced in delegating and coordinating development and testing in an onsite-offshore delivery model
- Experienced in working with sensitive/de-identified data environments
- Experience in working with encrypted and secure data transfers
- Proactive and diligent in identifying and communicating scope, design, development issues and recommending potential solutions.
- Participate in ETL architecture design reviews.
- Conduct ETL unit testing and code reviews.
- Participate in system and integration test; identifies and remedies solution defects.
- Create other technical artifacts needed for project implementation
- Knowledge of end to end SDLC from project inception to deployment
- Experience in different project management methodologies i.e. Agile and Waterfall
Daily Tasks Performed:
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
- Write efficient T-SQL.
- ETL using Bulk Insert, SSIS.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mastery of Microsoft SSIS development. (7+ years), XML
- 2012 SQL Server Database development
- Stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
- Exposure to SSAS 2012, SharePoint, and other BI tools, a plus.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Design Principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Create, manage and optimize database in SQL Server 2012.
- Microsoft BI Certification.
Preferred/Desired Skills: (Not required)
Education Level Required:
- Experience with Microsoft Analytics Platform System (Parallel Data Warehouse)
- Principles of Data Mining.
- Experience in Insurance Finance industry.
- ¿Experience with Attunity
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.