Position: Sr. SQL DBA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Work directly and with guidance of local Client Senior DBA.
- Interact with Application support team, to gather application specific database information as part of project analysis
- Coordinate work tasks for projects and general database administration with Senior DBA and Manager
- Perform in depth performance analysis of application databases recommending enhancements and interacting with the vendor if necessary.
- Implement backup/recovery strategies on all database systems using CommVault.
- Troubleshoot database/server performance/configuration issues that could impact application functionality.
- Collaborate with Client technical resources on all activities related to the project and database administration tasks.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014/16 instances
- Support all versions of SQL Server
- Flexibility to perform after hours/weekend work going over the 40 hours weekly quote if required (eligible to overtime pay)
- Minimum eight (8) years SQL Server DBA experience (SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Extensive experience with VMWare and SQL Server virtualized databases
- Experience with SQL Server HA methods such as AlwaysOn and Log Shipping
- Experience with performance monitoring tools such as SCOM, perfmon, sqlprofile, SQL Server DMV objects. Experience with Idera Diagnostic Manager a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, organizational and follow up skills.
- Experience in collaborating with other technology professionals in a multi-facility environment.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to reasonably estimate technical work effort as it relates to projects and work volume
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.