|Reference # : ||17-00740
||Title : ||Linux Administrator|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/17/2017
| Description |
|Position: Linux Administrator|
Location: Bartlesville, OK
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Education Level Required:
- Provides and updates documentation of network and operating procedures and guidelines.
- Performs security assessments and provide recommendations for existing configurations.
- Ensures a secure and robust environment for the administration system.
- Performs maintenance on servers and desktops. Performs patch/security updates to physical and virtual servers. Ensures proper security protocols and guidelines are followed.
- Protects the network from vulnerabilities.
- Monitors and performs replication, backups and recovery. Monitors, improves and maintains the disaster-recovery environments.
- Uses project management tools and techniques to implement new initiatives.
- Reports project status. Works with end users or lower-level staff to achieve common goals.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis of proposed IT projects.
- Provides system analysis/troubleshooting by reviewing logs and working with application teams on production issues. Leads projects for infrastructure and systems upgrades/implementations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires 7-10 years of experience. Senior level. Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems. Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers using the Red Hat, Oracle, or Suse Linux operating system.
- Evaluate existing application and database requirements for projects, design solutions that address business needs, and implements efficient and cost saving server solutions
- Provide key technical data including, but not limited to, capacity planning, implementation, configuration, and usage reporting
- Monitoring log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Participate in an on call rotation for UNIX/Linux support issues.
- Configure both physical and virtual servers to meet project and customer requirements based on internally developed processes using global standards
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- 5-7 years Linux admin exp
- Detailed knowledge of Bash and Korn shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience with Red Hat, Oracle, or Suse Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with puppet, RedHat satellite, RedHat IdM, and SpaceWalk.
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.