Position: Solution Architect Remedy
Location: Houston, TX
Contract Duration: Full time
Provides engineering support for the BMC Remedy family of products to include: Remedy AR; Developer Studio, Import Tool; Help Desk7.x/6x/5x; Change Management 7.x/6.x ; Asset Management 7.x/6.x; SRM 7.6.x Knowledge Management.
ITSM Architecture Support Reviews, validates and revises the System Architecture Document for Remedy 7.6.04, 8.x based on the ITSM requirements and any configuration changes in support of a mature CMDB. Supports the ITSM system by monitoring the product's status during all Service Desk operational hours and taking the necessary proactive and reactive measures to keep the system stable
ITSM Configuration. Provides technical support services necessary to install, configure and administer the Remedy 7.6.04, 8.x software and other components applicable to the ITIL paradigm. Performs software maintenance as required for the Development environment, the Functional Quality Testing (FQT) environment, and the Production environment. Makes configuration changes as necessary and make administrative changes to include but not limited to updates to foundations data, roles and permissions, and CMDB configurations to mature the system. This includes design, development, testing, and deployment and post deployment support as required and stated in the current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, standard and policy
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Support. Provides SME advice in the Remedy ITSM suite of tools and business expertise in ITIL v.3 that facilitates the agencies maturity with its adoption of Remedy 7.6.04, 8.x and ITIL. Provides recommendations for key decisions by providing expert advice on Remedy, ITIL implementation and service management best practices
Assist and guide in prioritizing and enhancing the ITSM schema for implementing the Remedy CMDB (Atrium) and federated data sources. Assists and guide in determining the scope, span, and granularity of the CMDB Development of the CMDB to incorporate Configuration Items (CIs) into the federated BMC Common Data Model and ensure that necessary relationships between CIs are fully incorporated into the schema. Provides expert knowledge and skill in the design and implementation of the Atrium CMDB and integration into the ITSM suite.
Knowledge Management. Maintain updates from 3rd party Knowledge Management software and integrate with ITSM Remedy 7.6.04, 8.x and assist with keeping the knowledge database accurate and viable for customer use.
Remedy Reporting. Provide advice for out-of-the-box reports and dashboard indicators and to utilize ITSM remedy's analytics and dashboards functionality to provide key reports and metrics.
Issue Remediation. Diagnose and remediate issue(s) as required within the Remedy ITSM Change and Service Management
- 5 years of direct experience and knowledge in development/customization of various applications utilizing Remedy Action Request Systems (5.x, 6.x and 7.1,7.5,7.6,8.1) and ITSM suite.
- 5 years of direct experience using/configuring SRM product developer at BMC Software for versions 7.6.03,7.6.04,8.1 and SRM next-gen
- Proficient in installing/configuring BMC remedy and associated ITSM Applications.
- Extensively worked on migrating data and workflows using Remedy Migrator and Remedy Import/Export tools.
- Experienced in foundation data configuration and process configuration of BMC Remedy ITSM, which includes Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management and Knowledge Management.
- Significant experience developing/reviewing/testing workflow designs (using Active links, Filters, Guides, Escalations and Menus) and implementations to ensure compliance with internal group specifications.
- Significant experience in installing and upgrading Remedy version (7.1 to 7.x)
- Worked with Project managers in managing software development life-cycle (SDLC) which includes Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Installation, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Experience Business requirement gathering and responsible for technical design and development.
- Experience developing/customizing Remedy in environment with Web servers: Tomcat, JBoss
- Experience developing/customizing Remedy with a variety of databases such as Oracle (11g/10g/9i/8i/7.x), SQL Server 2005, Sybase,
- Experience in a variety of operating systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows NT, Windows 95/98/2000, MS, DOS.
- Demonstrated support of Project Management to ensure all project deliverables are within due dates and work effort estimates.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and presentation skills. A strong team player.
Proficient in creating WSDL for providing and consuming Web Services from/to AR System.
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.